Duo advice needed please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duo advice needed please.

Post  Frojax on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Hello all, I'm an old Hunter, returning to the fold after a long time. I was a Hunter Pre-BC and it taught me how to play the game, but at the time, Hunters weren't exactly welcomed in groups back then on the EU servers. I ended up multiboxing 5 shaman and played that way for the longest time.

Now I am playing on the US servers and have managed to get my wife interested. She wants to roll a Hunter and I have decided to roll one along with her. The advice I need is on builds, I love the idea of the two of us storming through instances together .. ok .. perhaps not storming, but at least having fun doing them. I've seen that a lot of pet tankers have a lot of fun doing this stuff solo and I figure that it will be doable by two Hunters.

Which setup would best serve our needs? Tank and offtank, or perhaps tank and marksman? She's not that confident a player a the moment, but I'm sure time will make her great, if only to be better than me Smile

Frojax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Duo advice needed please.

Post  Nordh on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:56 pm

BM+MM is probably the best setup with the Trueshot Aura making the BM pet a better tank, but BM+BM is probably the strongest overall. Then you can both tank, and the threat gained from TSA isn't needed for 2 hunters with Feign Death.

Before TSA becomes available, I'd say BM+BM hands down though.

Nordh

View user profile http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Until you can get enough talent points to get past the 41pt talents, I'd recommend splitting and taking some talents in each tree.

In particular, Hawk Eye is awesome for low level stuff because it lets you pull from beyond agro range even against stuff that is a few levels higher than you.

Boring down to Aimed Shot and TSA is worth the price of admission early on as well. Wonderful to take your opponents down before they get to you.

Once you can get to Intimidation and BW, you will want one hunter to be BM full time for levelling though.

I'd consider making one toon a feral druid though. Comparable damage, melee ability, and heals to help with down time are always useful.

Ground

Ground-DH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:30 am

Making a druid kinda makes the joy of playing with two hunters disappear though Wink

Nordh

View user profile http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Frojax on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks for the advice to both of you.

On the subject of Druids, while I have played and enjoy playing Druid, the Mrs finds it very confusing. Too much positional play, form switching etc, so she prefers Hunter for that reason. I enjoy Hunter so much, I don't want to give it up Smile

We decided to go with 2 BM Hunters in the end, I use a bear with a nice tanking setup and as the Mrs .. well .. She spawned Echeyakee and stood there say, "Awww, hello kitty, who's a lil cutie etc". When i told her she could tame him, she jumped for joy and hasn't been seen without him since, I ended up using Mangeclaw as my bear, so, as she said, we can match.

Anyway, we are now in Tanaris, level 49 and she's having a ball. I've even managed to get her to take up engineering, it wasn't the fine weapons or headgear that sold it to her though, it was the helicopter and hog! Women! Smile

Thanks again.

Frojax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:05 pm

The real reason for Engineering is the enchants you can tinker....

Can you say FLEXWEAVE UNDERLAY??? 22agi to cloak, with free safe fall parachute (which nearly always works).

Ground

PS: You can get the hog without being an engineer. However, the copter is the win. I use mine with pitch control to do acrobatics!

Ground-DH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top