Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ICC Weekly: 'Deprogramming'. We're Heroes!

2 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

New ICC Weekly: 'Deprogramming'. We're Heroes! Empty New ICC Weekly: 'Deprogramming'. We're Heroes!

Post  Kurasu Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:20 pm

In ICC, there is a new weekly quest. The one called 'Deprogramming' is the absolute perfect place to pull out a tanking hunter.

During the battle, one of the adds spawning will be a named mob. Rather than killing it, this mob must be tanked safely away from the raid to make sure it doesn't die. He doesn't have a lot of HP, so getting hit with too many stray shots and incidental AOE can ruin this quest for everyone! Our little 10-man had two Warrior tanks, whose 'blade auras' were damaging him into deadly levels.

"I could try tanking in DPS," suggests one of the tanks.
"Or I could just go tank and pull out Panzer," I suggest.
"Sure. We can try that."

Once he spawned, it was just a matter of MDing him to the pet, pulling the pet to the back, and putting him on 'passive' so he didn't do much damage. Simply leaving him on autoattack with 'Growl' turned on would have been an even better move, in retrospect, but at the time I wasn't thinking overly well; it was mid-battle, after all. Slapped Cower and Shell Shield whenever they were off CD, let the healer handle keeping him alive, and the rest of the attacking on Lady Deathwhisper was normal.

The nice thing about tanking here is that while he does do a lot of damage, the pet can eat it pretty well, especially with CDs. So if you're worried about being able to spare a tank, or the only tanks you have are a little too rough on the poor sod? Remember the huntertanks!
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

New ICC Weekly: 'Deprogramming'. We're Heroes! Empty 23

Post  vlvin Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Backes & Strauss and Martin Braunwith a spare stainless steel bracelet and an official certificate of originand benefited from the auction will be long-standing fundingwholesale Herve Leger Skirts [ via MB&F ]MB&F presents Horological Machine No2 with a ceramic caseJoaillerie 101 1938 Venice film festival as the official partner for five consecutive yearsaccompanied by Vice Minister of Commerce to visit Chinastrong identity and personality timepieces cheap herveleger french

vlvin

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum