Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroic 5-man tanking post-4.0.1

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Heroic 5-man tanking post-4.0.1 Empty Heroic 5-man tanking post-4.0.1

Post  darkynhalvos Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Not sure how Cataclysm 5-mans will be for pet-tanking, but Wrath 5-mans are definitely still doable. Was in a random H Nexus earlier, tank bailed at the start. Said in party chat, "wonder why he left, I could pet-tank this without issue". Healer said, "lol, go for it, while we wait for a tank to pop in". So I dropped Jeeves, got my old tank gear, summoned Sherman my bear, and cleared everything up to the splitter boss (forget her name) with no trouble before a tank queued in. Damage on trash was no worse than before, and boss damage(the guy in the hallway) wasn't bad either. The increased health is nice, Sherman has more health (little over 41k) unbuffed now than had fully buffed outside ICC, which makes it easier to eat crits. Threat seems better than before, including AoE threat. Fortunately, Sherman either didn't get crit, or he just ate them without problems.

WTB Grace of the Mantis change to 3%/6%, I miss doing raid boss tanking!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the glyphed MD is awesome, probably a big reason why I had next to zero threat issues, although you still won't want trigger-happy 6.5k GS blastmasters opening up before your pet gets to the first mob =P

Last edited by darkynhalvos on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a line of text.)
darkynhalvos
darkynhalvos

Back to top Go down