Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter Tanking Rotations

3 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Hunter Tanking Rotations Empty Hunter Tanking Rotations

Post  Kurasu Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm

I've been thinking a bit lately, about the rotation that one should use while they're doing hunter tanking. Obviously, this is for both pet and hunter, as we're pushing the buttons, but what exactly are the rotations that people prefer using? Or rather, as we're just coming into a brand new life, what rotations do you think *should* be used?

Presently, what I have been experimenting with (although I haven't tried anything in Heroics yet): send the pet with Misdirect and Intimidation for as much a burst as possible. After that, keep Misdirect running constantly (using the Misdirect glyph; when it's used on your pet, MD's cooldown is refreshed), hit Kill Command whenever it comes up, and keep Steady Shot cycling in between (with occasional Arcane Shots for a little extra boost of threat/DPS). Keep Mend Pet up as well to help take a little off your healers, and to keep purging purgables.

For the pet, Cower is up whenever it's off CD (unless the pet needs to move suddenly), Growl is autocasting, and for Panzer (who is basically my 'main tank') Shell Shield is used either whenever it's off cooldown or, if it's a boss that has sudden spike damage, as a tanking cooldown.

Am I missing anything of importance? I'm sure I am, but I'm mostly just getting the thought out while I have it (at midnight; yes)

Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Hunter Tanking Rotations Empty Re: Hunter Tanking Rotations

Post  darkynhalvos Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am

That sounds like the rotation I used when I had to take over tanking a H Nexus run when our tank bailed (was a random). Used my bear Sherman, as he was the only tenacity pet I had with me, dropped Jeeves to grab my old tank gear from the bank.

Only thing I didn't see in your rotation was Serpent Sting. While it may not be an absolute necessity, using it helps take things down a bit faster, which can be a lifesaver when pet-tanking a boss with an enrage timer.

Basically, I do the same kind of rotation I use when dps'ing, except I usually hit Steady a time or two extra to make sure KC will have enough focus to use, it's a very nice single-target aggro boost for the pet. And glyphed MD is always rolling on my pet, of course Razz

I REALLY hope what Frostheim posted in http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2010/10/words-with-the-big-gc/ turns out to come true, as it would mean crit-immune pets, which means way more chances for our pets to do their tanking thing!
darkynhalvos
darkynhalvos

Back to top Go down

Hunter Tanking Rotations Empty Westime offers watches

Post  vlvin Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

"Westime offers watches to match every budgetFlowerlace Distance watchingA pinnacle of virtuosity poised to write a new page in the art of horology wholesale Hermes Belt Two kinds of case generated three each1 kt Captive de Cartier Cartier watch
Calibre 3120 is also particularly user-friendlystorefront built-in decorative copper by TAG Heuer exclusive material

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Hunter Tanking Rotations Empty Re: Hunter Tanking Rotations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down