Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead

3 posters

Go down

Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead Empty Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead

Post  Durante Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 am

Since it seems like there's probably going to be a ton of info on these forums worthy of a sticky, perhaps there could be an encyclopedia section that only the moderator could post in. He could then copy the most informative posts there so that we'd have an easy to sort through reference section. I don't know if its possible on this forums system, by I know on our guild forum its possible to copy an individual post so that it'd retain its original owner instead of just copying the test. That may allow the original poster to keep the topic updated, although I'm not sure if the system would allow editing of a post in a forum section that you can't create a post in.

You could link to that section directly on another tab on the top of the site, or integrate them some other way some other way into a tab on the main site, perhaps something similar to the Pet Stats page with the articles on the page, linked to by a table of contents on the top.

Also if I recall there was some sort of limitation that limited the use of the Powered by Wowhead item and talents links on the main site, but it'd be great if that could be instituted here.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead Empty Re: Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead

Post  Ihlos Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 am

Very interesting idea!

So basically like a sticky forum with only topics that have been stickyed.

I had decided, just before reading this to consolidate stickys into meta stickies for each forum once they got out of control, but I think this idea is even better. I'll look into it to see if I can copy threads that will still allow people to post, just not new topics.

Managing this forum will be quite a different animal than most forums, i think, mainly due to the fact that there will be so many more quality posts and (knock on wood) very few 'troll' posts.

Regarding the wowhead stuff, that would make for a great upgrade, but I doubt I will be able to do it for the same reason as the linkback change, and that is that I don't think I have access to the actual code for the forum, just the css and the admin panel, which limits my options.

I'll look into the wowhead and play around with the idea of a sticky storage forum.

If anyone else could weigh in on the sticky issue, that would be great. You guys always have excellent suggestions and ideas, I am always impressed.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead Empty Re: Encyclopida section and Powered by Wowhead

Post  jfragment Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 am

Did a bit of googling for Forummotion addons etc and came across this code. [wow]fel lotus[/wow]

Which isn't working.. please hold.. your call is important to us...

Ermmm not pefect but it works off the item number
Code:
[wow]25697[/wow] Felstalker Bracers

[wow]25697[/wow] Felstalker Bracers

[wow]31328[/wow] Leggings of Beast Master

Funny, it must pull off an old DB though. The stats for the legs are wrong:

621 Armor
+30 Agility
+45 Stamina
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases your pet's attack power by 70, armor by 490 and Stamina by 52.

Last edited by jfragment on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
jfragment
jfragment

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:20 am

This doesnt surprise me as many forums have to do with rpgs, wow being most prominent.

Nice find, thanks for going the extra mile!
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down