Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enchant - Armsman

4 posters

Go down

Enchant - Armsman Empty Enchant - Armsman

Post  Ihlos Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 am

Does anyone know if the Armsman enchant
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44625#comments

Increases pet threat too? At first I just assumed it wouldn't,
but then I started thinking that technically the hunter wouldn't be getting 2% threat without the pet threat too, and I figured it was worth looking into.

I should be able to test this by looking to see if the pets basic attacks do more threat than damage, with and without the enchant.

Anyone know?

Then of course we will need to see at what point crusher (44 AP) would give less than Armsman. The only piece missing from my threat calculations is how the pets abilities scale with pet/hunter AP, if at all.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Enchant - Armsman Empty Re: Enchant - Armsman

Post  Doug Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am

I would be very pleased indeed if this were in fact the case, but I rather doubt it.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:22 pm

I very much doubt it as well. Can't see the reasoning behind that. It's as if the melee enchant procs would proc on guns. =P

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 am

This one might need another look at with the MD change, in fact I have it on one of my PTR characters. I doubt if it is worth it though.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 pm

2% extra threat for 4(?) seconds every 30 is hardly worth it.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:47 am

2% extra threat for 4(?) seconds every 30 is hardly worth it.

You are most likely right, but I was actually specifically thinking of the Volley in a mass pull since the whole volley goes through (the first tick only happens about 1.5 seconds in), but even then I think the AP would most likely have given you more threat on Thunderstomp + Volley.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:48 am

I think that there are better enchantments than this, really, if you're looking for more threat. Even with the new MD, I doubt that an extra 2% threat for those 4 seconds will make enough of a difference. I can pretty much guarantee that it's not going to carry directly down to the pet.

but I was actually specifically thinking of the Volley in a mass pull since the whole volley goes through (the first tick only happens about 1.5 seconds in)

Don't forget that the MD doesn't start 'misdirecting' the moment you cast it. Unless they've changed how they were planning it, it happens the first time the hunter does damage. So that 'first tick' of Volley will be when the misdirecting actually *starts*. No need to worry about the '1.5 seconds in' in that case; the first tick of volley starts the MDing.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:11 am

Don't forget that the MD doesn't start 'misdirecting' the moment you cast it. Unless they've changed how they were planning it, it happens the first time the hunter does damage. So that 'first tick' of Volley will be when the misdirecting actually *starts*. No need to worry about the '1.5 seconds in' in that case; the first tick of volley starts the MDing.

That's actually what I meant, even though the duration of volley is 5.84 seconds and MD is only 4 seconds, the full damage from Volley actually goes through before MD drops off.

If someone is interested in doing the math the equation to figure it out would be (Damage from TS*2.5)*APmodifierTS(APloss)-(Damage from Volley*1.02)*APmodifierVolley(APloss). I'm pretty sure the threat is carried over directly one-to-one under MD, but that the 2% threat is not transferred to the pet.

Again, 2% isn't worth it most likely.

Last edited by Doug on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:06 am

I just drooled a bit at the realization of AoE threat from Volley combined with MD. Had completely neglected the thought. For extra threat you might even be able to make the mobs run into an explosive trap if the pull is set up correctly ^^

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 am

I have been trying that on the PTR (and live for practice), but a single crit tick of Volley is much bigger than explosive even on the initial burst and that initial lull period of Volley means you can only fit about two ticks in under that scenario.

What would really work is if you could lure mobs onto the trap and have volley ready, but I haven't found a way to make it work reliably, since distracting shot seems to now generate a small amount of threat thus triggering MD.

You could probably do it with pats though, super AoE threat bomb lol. Even then though, you are probably gonna lose a tick off volley.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:57 am

No problem luring them onto the trap and have volley ready. Just use stay on pet on top of the trap then do /petattack /petpassive. And you can start using Volley before they trigger the trap as long as they trigger is in the first 4 seconds.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Aha! I knew there was a way, I'm gonna have to go practice that, it would be epic if you could get good at it.

Perhaps a /Volley /petdefensive macro could do the trick, heck maybe this is the right place for a /master's call /petpassive macro as well...

hmmm, testing time...
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am

Time it with a BW + TS, and everything is glued onto the pet in a mile's radius ^^

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:44 am

The enchant does work, but not for your pet. It works to increase your threat during the AoE MD.

Probably not worth it, but it's not a melee enchant.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum