Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racial Benefits?

+2
Durante
Oriax
6 posters

Go down

Racial Benefits? Empty Racial Benefits?

Post  Oriax Sun May 03, 2009 12:55 pm

I couldn't find this in a FAQ or anything, sorry if it's already stated.

What race offers the best advantages for solo pet tanking? Does Orc extra damage translate into threat making them the best beastmasters?

Thanks.

Oriax

Back to top Go down

Racial Benefits? Empty Re: Racial Benefits?

Post  Durante Sun May 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Orcs definitely have the best racial for a pet tank and arguably best for DPS as well. Very few other racial provide any significant benefit and are mostly situational.

Gift of the Naaru is probably the second best, for when your pet takes a large burst, while you get down the first mob or two in a large group, or you yourself take unavoidable damage. The troll racial Regeneration could also be helpful for this, but as a hunter with so little spirit 10% of our out of combat health regen isn't exactly overwhelming.

Beyond that the Blood Elf AoE silence could be helpful for wrangling casters and Tauren have the AoE stun that could be helpful in an emergency. Dwarves gain an extra 10% armor for 8 seconds every 3 minutes with Stoneform which would increase our pets armor slightly to help mitigate damage from mobs with a short frenzies.

Trolls and Dwarves also get a 1% crit chance bonus with bows and guns respectively, giving a slight boost to Cobra Strikes, GftT, and the T5 2-piece bonus.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Mon May 04, 2009 6:29 am

Correction to you: the dwarf racial is every *2* minutes rather than every *3* now. It has been changed a bit so it doesn't make you immune to poison for 8 seconds, but instead just clears what is on you. It still has the 10% armor buff for 8 seconds, though.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Oriax Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 am

I was mostly interested in the pet enhancing racial abilities, thanks for the replies.

In summary:

Orc is nice because pet has higher threat from the % damage modifier.
Draenei is nice because of pet heal.

All other races with a damage modifier, e.g. % crit, will benefit because of the T5 bonus (if you have T5).

Oriax

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 am

Dont forget that the Drae racial also gives 1% hit to your pet, which will boost your pets dps and therefore also threat, helping it to keep pace with you.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwicky Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Sometimes i love being an Orc,

5% more dmg and an AP racial are both very nice for a pet tanker for threat.

Zwicky

Back to top Go down

Post  jfragment Tue May 12, 2009 9:37 am

I can't tell you how many times Gift of the Naruu has avoided a wipe for whilst soloing. Amazing racial for pet tanks. I also have the herbalism heal for myself which is nice as well.
jfragment
jfragment

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down