Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pet talents?

+2
Ihlos
noodle
6 posters

Go down

New pet talents? Empty New pet talents?

Post  noodle Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 am

Just wondering what kind of new pet talents you would like the see pet trees given?
I think they need to make more clear the differences between ferocity tenacity and cunning etc. Why even both giving ferocity stamina and armour? I think I read somewhere that blizzard wanted tenacity pets to be capable as offtanks. I'm not sure really what it means to be an offtank.

I know I am kind of rambling on ere but It just annoys me when I look at pet talent trees and all I just see is a big mess. Like you need 3 points in avoidance to get rabid? Seems a bit random to me.

A new talent which would help all trees would be "Improved Special ability" 1 point at the very bottom of the tree. eg Each pet would gain an improved special ability with this. Like Shell Shield from turtles When shell Shield is active Threat from all attacks is increased. Stuff like that would help imo.

What Im really wondering is how would you like to see the trees changed? or not changed at all? and what talents would you like to see added?

bounce

noodle

Back to top Go down

New pet talents? Empty Re: New pet talents?

Post  Ihlos Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 am

Of course, we would like to see crit immunity either through a buff or an additional talent.

We need to see more threat moves too. Perhaps tenacity's version of spiked collar or cobra reflexes could also increase threat dealt based off damage or perhaps scaled off hunters rap.

Another thing I'd like to see is a talent that unlocks the dodge portion of aspect of the hawk and dragonhawk to apply to the pet. This would greatly help boost the pet's mitigation, and in concert with crit immunity would really expand the pets abilities.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

I'd like to see a +threat talent, either by an extra attack, or as a passive number.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu May 07, 2009 1:55 am

My wish list:

1) Threat modifier talent.
2) Change to Growl Scaling.
3) Some defensive scaling.

I have an inkling that we may be in line to get the defensive scaling though if you look at the fact that the only really viable pet in Arena's and encounter such as OS is the turtle, apparently Ulduar is even worse in this regard leading to very low hunter dps numbers. This survivability issue is shared with warlocks and there may be a possibility that we can get a bit of resilience scaling for arena's, not sure how this would help in PvE content, but something like that is definitely on the cards.

The threat modifire can be very easily achieved through Aspect of the Beast but I have been trying to find out if AotB give a nett dps increase for BM hunters. Anybody know anything in this regard?
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 am

I must admit, wish lists for me have been more in with making the 'unloved' pets a bit more viable. Which should come under family skills rather than talents. Talent-wise, my desires have been about the same as everyone else: a +threat talent (even something like +2/4/6% threat would be a handy talent for us) and the possibility to become crit immune (either through scaling stats or through talents). Extra pet expertise would be nice, since pet-hit is now 1-1 with hunters and includes the talent; if you are hit capped so is the pet. Something for dodge, more than pet barding, would make me a very happy camper as well.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear behind Thu May 07, 2009 5:18 am

Apart from the listed above -

Eyes of the beast:
Changed to simply refer movement controls to pet - allowing hunter to continue casting. Not sure if its even possible to do - but would allow the pet tanks alot more flexabilty when fighting a boss that needs kiting. No channel time either - just a switch like an aspect.

New Stam/threat talent:
A passive talent to increase Tps by a % of stamina - allowing pets built for survivalbility to better gain aggro.

Scorpid sting:
Changed to reduce crit chance on mob's target - just enough to cover immunity.
Bear behind
Bear behind

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu May 07, 2009 7:12 am

What I was thinking with Eyes of the Beast is for the hunter to become completely immune to damage and all effects and then have his health tied to the pet somehow. This would mean that one could tank entirely in EotB.

It would need to be a considerable overhaul of the talent but I can see it as helping to overcome the irrational feeling some people have that pet tanking is auto-pilot and that the hunter is a separate character from the pet itself.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu May 07, 2009 8:23 am

Would be able to completely miss-use it in arenas. Go to pet when you're low on HP. And have it hiding in prowl somewhere. Interesting idea though.

Would be fun to make EotB do a "reverse role" where you have steady on autocast and you can send your hunter in with /petattack instead of the other way around Wink

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Thu May 07, 2009 11:25 am

Yes! you get a hunter bar with 9 slots to control your hunter (with limitations) giving us enough slots to cast steady, bestial wrath, misdirection, etc.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 am

Me likes them idea.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear behind Fri May 08, 2009 5:57 am

In addition:

Roar of Sacrifice:
Currently useless for PVE, would like to see it changed to:
Your pet absorbs damage done to you, transferring 30% damage taken to the pet. In return you transfer 15% of your threat to your pet. Lasts 12 sec. CD 30 sec

This change would not affect it's PVP use but would drastically improve its PVE utility. Would also mean its not a wasted talent point to get to Wild hunt.
Bear behind
Bear behind

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 am

Yes bear, thats a great idea. If the pet is taking the damage it should be gaining threat according to the philosphy of the current system. I like it!

It would be like an extended misdirection on a similar cooldown.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down