Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astiroth's Hunting Center

4 posters

Go down

Astiroth's Hunting Center Empty Astiroth's Hunting Center

Post  Astiroth Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:19 am

Hey guys, a Friend an I were working on making a wow oriented "channel" on youtube called WoW Outcast Network, and our first show is the Astiroth Hunting Center. Check it out here, Comment and tell us what you think, It's just a pilot so go easy. and suggestions will be taken if brought up respectfully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxkuFgJIZCw

Astiroth

Back to top Go down

Astiroth's Hunting Center Empty Re: Astiroth's Hunting Center

Post  Nordh Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 am

I have to be honest. I stopped watching halfway through ammo. I'm not sure if you're making your voice up, but listening to that voice whine about non-essential (in my opinion only) stuff made me cringe. Noone wants to listen to a whiner unless it's got flash and bang sarcasm written all over it. If there was a humourous undertone, it was lost on me.

Now here's the deal, I'm giving you this opinion based on the fact that I couldn't stand listening more than 2 minutes to it. You don't have more to catch an audience. It goes throughout all of the movie business. If you want to start videocasting it has to be fast and witty.

You also have to bring something new to the table. The ammo situation is old, 4 years old. And it's being fixed, perhaps not in the next patch, but most likely before the next expansion. If you want to whine about something, whine about something that needs to be brought up to attention. It doesn't even have to be useful. Whine about the lack of daffodils in Dalaran, or the lack of rain in the Badlands.

What it boils down to is that witty and fast catches audiences in todays MTV generation.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 am

I have to agree with most of Nordh's sentiment, especially about bringing something new to the table. Reading something is faster than listening to it spoken out loud, so if someone wants to listen to the same stuff almost all hunters are complaining about, they'll just go to the official forums. If you want to develop a fan base, you'll need to either come up with content that can't be found elsewhere, or deliver the same content you are now but be extremely funny.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:33 pm

The trick with the voice thing is you can't go halfway, you have to BE the orc. Like the Mickey Mouse voice, it is so off-centre it doesn't sound like someone pretending to be a mouse, it just sounds like Mickey Mouse.

Also, what makes you think that coming to a tanking site to advertise a video in which you say tanking is stupid (platitudes notwithstanding) is okay. I appreciate that it is a common sentiment, but it is also a narrow minded and self-flagellating one. BM dps and BM tanking are two completely separate issues, and hunters do not gain anything from having no utility to bring to raids, in BC that utility came from SV, now it looks like BM is where it's at.

The video and Machiminima aspects were quite good though.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum