Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resilence Gear

+3
Durante
Kurasu
Bonie
7 posters

Go down

Resilence Gear Empty Resilence Gear

Post  Bonie Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 am

To make it short i cud use same tips get Basic Resilience Tanking gear ..sadly mine pvp experience is little ..just started looked after pvp gear for resilience and crit immunity :=))
it is the Swiftarrow set an option ?
Have still lots of Naxx 25 and HC badges..start farming more ? we clearing Uldular for the moment and getting badges fron there too..Any ides welcome ..just want start in time so when 3.2 out im ready..
Have NO arena team and not gone get ..that is not an option for me ..or least not high lvl pvp..

Bonie

Back to top Go down

Resilence Gear Empty Re: Resilence Gear

Post  Kurasu Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:04 am

My first tip: do VoA. If your guild doesn't do VoA regularly, PUG it; there are plenty of chances to get PVP gear in that. Even before the whole 'Pet gets resilience' thing, I have two pieces of PVP gear in my tanking outfit. Three, if I want to wear the wristband, but the difference in HP frmo my present band is small enough that I usually keep the other for the extra damage.

Second tip: do Wintergrasp whenever you can. There are some very nice pieces of armor among their rewards. Before the place gets a queue in place, I suggest you go every chance you get right now; get as many of the Wintergrasp marks as you can (go on killing sprees to make sure you get your maximum). 40 marks might sound like a lot, but without honor needed as well, it adds up pretty quick.

Third tip: if you have plenty of badges, compare the PVP suits you can get with the badge tokens. You might be able to pick up a cheap chest with Valor marks that would have a good amount of resilience on it. Or shoulders.

Just remember: PVP gear has excellent stamina and of course the all-important resilience, but you will be sacrificing TPS from the lack of RAP. You may need to experiment to find the best balance of gear to be uncrittable and still hold threat.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 am

In my mind the Swiftarrow set isn't really an option for any level 80 content. Sure its got resilience, but the stats are so bad compared to whatever Naxx gear you have that you'd really be gimping your HP and threat very badly by using it.

If you don't mind BG PvP, I strongly recommend getting some of the Deadly off-pieces from Honor. The Deadly Honor pieces no longer have a rating requirement, and some of them, like the ring and bracers, are the best your going to find for stamina outside of tank and melee pieces.

Also if you don't mind Wintergrasp and don't have WotLK stamina trinkets, you could go to WG and pick up the Platinum Disks of Battle and Anvil of Titans for a total of 179 resilience between the two. They also provide a great amount of AP on use and proc respectively, which is great for threat.

Also you can get resilience through enchants for your shoulder, helm, legs and chest. While they won't be enough to get your resilience capped on your own, they can considerably reduce the amount of PvP gear you'll need. These enchants are actually quite good though; the AP versions of the helm and shoulder enchants have the same amount of AP as their PvE counterparts, and get resilience at the cost of crit rating which is a pretty mediocre stat for a pet tanker. The stamina/resil shoulder enchant is the best in slot for stamina, and the helm stam/resil enchant has nearly as much stamina as the stam/defense enchent, so using these for the resilience won't really diminish your other stats in a meaningful way. If you're using your PvE gear to tank though you'd need to switch out these enchants when pet tanking, not exactly a cheap alternative.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:26 am

You can get the entire Hateful set without any rating now. However, the new season approaches and I am guessing that Deadly will become the new "unrated" set.

Rules for gathering PvP gear:

- Wintergrasp as much as possible, do the quests each week too. Both the shards and the marks can be used to buy really decent stuff with lots of stamina.
- BGs when not doing Wintergrasp, do all of the BGs that have marks required for the For Great Honor quest.
- Turn in For Great Honor when you can

You'll be amazed how fast it goes.

Ground

PS: You can turn in Wintergrasp shards (the ones you get in heroics when we control WG and from the WG quests) 30 at a time for 2k honor too.

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Resilence Gear Empty honor

Post  Kheldul Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:35 pm

I agree with all the previous comments. I'll just add this: The fastest way to run up honor is in the Strands of the Ancients BG. The weekend Holiday BG can often compete but rarely beats it. I've been honor-capped (75k) five times in my career.
Kheldul
Kheldul

http://hunter-dps.dungeoneer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

PS: Never allow yourself to get honor capped. You can buy blue gems from the PvP JC vendor in Org for 10k honor. When you hit 70k, just buy a gem and get back down to 60k and keep going...

PSS: ONLY do this when you have no PvP gear left to buy.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Kheldul Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh, I've been replacing purple pvp gear with other purple pvp gear for a while. Add in the WG rewards and it gets a little nuts.
Kheldul
Kheldul

http://hunter-dps.dungeoneer.com/

Back to top Go down

Resilence Gear Empty working

Post  Bonie Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 am

Thx for all the god idies..Already upp i 201 resilience logging out in this week on tanking gear so you guys can inspect me and comment..The gear on mine seam like gone be mine pet tanking gear so i can re enchant and re trinket what ever im want..the other gear im have need as raiding gear .ofc im gonna spec really pet tanking spec on bm side ..:=))
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Bonie
have badges valour 180 , heroism 30 conquest 54,wsg 27, still full valor in the bank..mine quest is follow..keep the THREAT ,,really trying se you guys in Pet tanking gear..spec those who main tanking whit pet..It is worth the 2 set T7 bonus pet 15%+ dmg or better keep higher uldular gear ..even whit aggy gem in.
Tried download the new gear formula but seam link not working..
Once many thx for all the god advices and the kindness you guys showing..
Salute all !!Bonie

Bonie

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:47 am

The thing with threat is damage is not so very important, but AP is. The 15% damage increase WILL however increase the damage and hence threat generated by TS, but it is off a very low base.

Alternatively you could aim for very high crit to keep the CS procs rolling, but again I am not sure how valuable this is, especially in the 3.2 KC scenario.

It is very annoying when a dps specced hunter out-threats your turtle by just having growl on his wolf, and the reason is sheer AP scaling for growl (TS also scales woth you AP).

If you can get the balance right you can just about compete for threat on single targets with roughly equally geared tanks in my experience, but the AoE threat is nowhere near.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 am

This is why I never once considered the frost gear for hunter tanking gear, yeah: the loss in AP. There's a loss with PVP gear, but the loss is *immense* if you go with the frost res gear, even if you were to gem it down the line for extra AP. For me, unless you're offtanking something you won't have to fight, the frost res gear is probably not a good option for 'solid pet tanking gear' for that reason: threat.

A lot of the new PVP gear, on the other hand, *does* have AP on it. Lower than the PVE gear (and more focus on resil and crit), but present. The large boost in stamina's enough to make it worthwhile, and threat isn't compromised *too* much by a few pieces. No doubt we should be able to get a crit immune pet (as long as the resil crit immunity will work) without a vicious threat lost here.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 am

Interestingly with the new changes on the PTR we are looking at an additional 15% AP scaling on a tank build (those two points going to animal handler would be floating anyhow). This means that the Survivalist build starts to look more and viable, but one could conceivably take a Careful Aim build with the frost gear now too.

Probably the best solution would still be Careful Aim build with as much AP on gear as possible, but people seem to take ones tanking aspirations more seriously if you have high HP.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Don't forget 5% more AP from Wild Hunt as well. It's going to be 15% instead of 10%.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:16 am

Oh yes of course, it is 5% per point of WH so my 15% is actually 20% Smile
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonie Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

Anyone can give me same numbers ..we now the resilience it cud be god to have ap , stam..for like naxx,uldular (mayby) 10--25--was thinkin simple like.
..Normal dps grupp..2-3k all..super dps 5k..
Easy something like that..the spread head im downloaded little to complicated for mine old brain..
Im so exited hardly can wait for the pach come out..
btw,,im it is wrong tread but read somewhere here working on new pet bar..blizzards it just awful bad.

Bonie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:29 pm

I honestly haven't got the slightest clue what you just said =/

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Resilence Gear Empty numbers

Post  Bonie Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:29 pm

what im meaning is the follow.. in simple formula
we now the number for resilience to make the pet crit immune..what im cud use simpler numbers for AP= threat holding aggro for diff instances..
That make more easy planning gear..threat against stamina..
in raid group doing 2-3 k dps on boss
and groups for 4-5k dps...roughly
How much AP you had on gear when you tanked naxx ? what was the ap on the gear holding aggro on bosses you used ?
if we cud make a simple table something like this

Normal dps grupp 2-3 k dps.
AP= X
Stam =x
Resilence = 328

DonĀ“t need to be exact number..just same clue what im need. .
Hope is better explain..sry for the bad English :=((

Bonie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:34 am

It's honestly impossible to calc like that. It all depends on who you're going with. Do the high dps:ers have reduced threat talents, are they using aggro wipers (FD, vanish, etc), are they using misdirection and tricks of the trade, are they waiting a bit before going all out to make sure you have proper aggro, and so on.

The main thing you should be concerned of is that dpsers who overaggro are doing it wrong. They should know how high their threat is and if they are going too high, they should take it easy or use their abilities to remove threat if they have them. It's not demanding much, we all had to check our threat in TBC, there's no reason people should stop doing it just because threat from real tanks normally have gotten so high that there's no way to overaggro.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Resilence Gear Empty threath

Post  Bonie Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 am

Thx.gonna check ..like you wrote hard to now when resilience coming ..prob not gone need much stamina ..we not getting those horrible crit any more as before..now just this awsome waitng till 3.2 :=((

Bonie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down