Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chillmaw....

4 posters

Go down

Chillmaw.... Empty Chillmaw....

Post  Ground-DH Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Well, it's probably not super unusual, but after soloing Chillmaw for a month or two, I finally succeeded in getting him alone with no other groups around (usually they dive in and help no matter if you are trying an experiment or not cause they want to get the next spawn faster).

Anyway, in my BM tank setup (30k pet, 33k hunter) I was finally able to kill Chillmaw and the adds without getting my pet killed and without having to do the fight twice. Here's how it went down.

1. Misdirect and attack, Zero (turtle) gets agro, BW. Drop a Mend Pet on him and shot rotation until he drops his buddies. Zero was at full health when the bombardiers dropped.

2. The bombardiers always come for you, so if you are a way away, you can take them through a snake trap and they will kill snakes while you keep killing the dragon.

3. Kiting bombardiers around, I killed Chillmaw first. Just avoid the bombs and it's cake.

4. Once the dragon is down, find the weakest bombardier and kill it. One should be almost dead if you have been dropping enough traps.

5. Killing the bombardiers is easy, but be prepared to be low on health by the time everything is done. Zero was near full health at the end, but I was low due to being too close to the bombs several times.

This was the first time I was successful in killing Chillmaw while keeping my pet alive.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Chillmaw.... Empty Re: Chillmaw....

Post  Nordh Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 am

Solo Chillmaw is easy. I've done it as BM tank spec, BM raid spec and Surv raid spec. In fact, I never wait for a group, I just go there and kill him, no matter what spec I'm currently using. Can't even be bothered changing to my dual spec ;P Surv requires a bit of kiting because the pet generally ends up dying at around 20% (Could probably be fixed using T5).

Easiest way to do it, put down a freeze trap between where you're standing and where Chillmaw is standing, so when the first add spawns it will get trapped. Then just nuked it and trap another one when it's off CD and kite a bit. The adds are easy to take care of solo, all you need to do it move from the bombs.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

Yup, just got him again. I can see that with practice, it will get to cake status.

It's getting easier to get a solo shot at him, not as many folks zerging the spot as before.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:59 am

Actually, I do a lot of Chillmaw soloing as well. Generally what I do is the opposite of your own kill order.

1) Tank Chillmaw. DPS until add spawns.

2) FD, let add jump to pet, tank add.

3) Kill mob. They are decidedly more dangerous for spike damage than Chillmaw. I can keep my pet up forever tanking Chilly, but not with the bombs from the mobs. Make sure you're not standing in the bombs!

4) Repeat with other two mobs.

5) Finally kill Chillmaw.

A freeze trap can stop one of the mobs if they're dropped too fast for you.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:16 am

I've also taken to soloing him, a couple of freeze traps and the Barleybrew maiden means neither me nor George the turtle dip below 75% hp most of the time while doing this.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:14 am

BREWMAIDEN! I knew I was forgetting something....I'm even wearing the stupid trinket.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Hehe, I have taken to trying to tank the bosses in AV if I get the chance. There is normally another tank that will taunt off me, but dropping the Alliance banner (15% HP) and the Brewmaiden is epic Smile
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum