Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Headless Horsmen

4 posters

Go down

The Headless Horsmen Empty The Headless Horsmen

Post  eggomoo Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 pm

So after making my runs through Gar and Geddon still no luck today) I realized I hadn't use my horseman summons. So keeping my gear and my spec, I decided I'd see how I do trying to solo the headless horseman. Despite taking a bit long, I found I could get him to phase 3,(his head to about 30%, with it getting close call to Blastoise dying at a few points, but I just taunted horsemen off for a sec. I had my PVP trinket equipped for the extra AP and to remove confalg, but it didnt do much dmg to me when I realized I had it. So I think equipping the brew trinket might be better, for more health for my pet. The other problem was the squashlings wailing on me, and then when they were on my pet it was just too much for Blastoise to take. I'm thinking their might be some sort of clever mechanic we could use to make them easier to deal with, and maybe ignore them, just burning the heck out of HH. Since I think even if my pet were dead and I had the heads last 30% i could take ghim down. Any suggestions? The difficulty here Is i only get one summon a day, unless I could find someone crazy enough to summon for me then hearth. Otherwise I could probably work out a way myself. I will log out in my pet tank gear and spec. Any and all suggestions would be amazing.

My info http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&n=Eggomoo
I'm thinking if i could get some friends to get me the runescrolls that give 160 stam, and then the drums of kings, I could be in good shape.

eggomoo

Back to top Go down

The Headless Horsmen Empty Re: The Headless Horsmen

Post  stormbringer012 Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 pm

well i went to the task of trying this. since im also looking to get the mount i didnt want to wipe so the first time i tried it i had a pally friend as a "safety net" so to say so in case of any failure on my part.
my gear atm : geranak
p1 was pretty standard dps/keep mend up
p2 the conflags always hit at the worst times but you can bw out of the daze effect if need be
p3 this is where it feel apart for me while i tried to hold the first 4 adds on me and keep them off my turtle and dps them down my damage is a bit low so by the time the first 4 were down the next were up, kept the next 4 on myself and just dps the horseman when the 3rd set popped it was too much damage on me and the turtle so i had the tank step in and help.
horseman was hitting my turtle for roughly3.5-4k a hit
the adds hit me for around 5-800 damage

let me state that ive been reading the theorycrafting about pet tanking for a while this is one of my first endeavors into it (first being solo hmgt which is kinda fun Smile ) so while i may have almost wiped i think that it can be done i just didnt want to risk the summon cause i really want that mount Razz.

good luck to anyone else trying this and happy hunting

stormbringer012

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:44 pm

I have run HH for the last few days and have tanked them all. I havent tried soloing Ive been running with a group of friends/guildies.

I put my pet on stay and aggressive right in front of the flaming pumpkin I also pop misdirect right before HH lands so the first shots fired lands him right on pet. During his headless phase I keep my pet on the body the whole time (I have a turtle as well so just pop shell shield) his brings his threat sky high by the time the head reatches giving plenty of space for the dps to go all out.

good luck on your next run.

ed

Ps I got the mount on the first day of the first run of the first summon woot! After 3 years I got the mount!
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:18 pm

I've been doing the same with guild groups. I even challenged a dps pally to try and pull threat...he was impressed Smile

HH is perfect for the turtle because you just leave him on the horse. Head never attacks anything, so it works well.

We were killing him so fast that he never really got a chance to use his pumpkin warriors (he summoned them, but died immediately).

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum