Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jarrhead?

2 posters

Go down

Jarrhead? Empty Jarrhead?

Post  Doug Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:46 am

I was wondering what you guys thought of tanking Jaraxxus?

I might be able to get my guild to give it a try on 10-normal (bleeding edge for us). Apparently most his damage is magic, but I was wondering if anyone knows how much his melee hits for on roughly 60% physical reduction?
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Jarrhead? Empty Re: Jarrhead?

Post  Kurasu Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 am

General report from one of our pallytanks who's at around 65% redux: he was hitting for 7-10k melee. Not sure of a swing timer on him for how fast he'd be doing that smack. I'll ask a slightly more experienced tank who might have more solid numbers later, but it's probably a good ballpark figure to think about.

Keep in mind that Jaraxxus does some amazingly heavy magical damage, like one-hit kills on full tanks, if he's buffed up. You'll want to make sure your group is *really* on the ball for dispels since your pet could be snuffed very quickly if an empowered magical blast gets through.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 am

That's actually precisely why i though a pet tank could do well here.

http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#Mc0G0rMzf0oM
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:09 am

I wish we weren't forced to take Roar Of Sacrifice. It's such a useless ability for tanking nowadays. That extra point could do *so* much better in something like Avoidance, Silverback, or hell even Spiked Collar.

</rant>

Second check with my guild tanks reports the same thing: "I think the Mistresses hit harder than him." Again, spell damage is definitely the 'ouchie' part of Jaraxxus.

If you do go for it, let me know how it goes. Without Leatherworking and Jewelcrafting, I'm a little more limited on the 'high bars' I can go for with my pet, but I'm always interested in gunning for raid content rather than just heroics (which are old hat now).
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum