Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang

4 posters

Go down

H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang Empty H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang

Post  Doug Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:32 pm

H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang H_toc11

Not sure if this is a feat, but our little group managed to do H ToC today Very Happy

We were two pallies, two priests (Holy,Shadow) me and George the turtle.

The skele's you see are from trying to do the first group, our first strat was to have me tanking the rogue and mage and the the pallies take down the Shammie... This didn't work, after five minutes he was still on 50%. Next time we did it with me tanking them all and interrupting with intimidate, but the mage got loose and killed the healer (my better half). At this point I reminded the Pallies to lay off the consecrate, but I think mage runs away a little to get range because I deliberately sat George on top of her and when she killed our healer she was a good bit away, something to look out for I think.

The last time we just managed to get them all down, despite losing poor George to what I think was am unfortunate confluence of poisonous puddles just as the mage died leaving us to kite for a bit on the rogue while I got him back up.

The rest was easy squeezie, we got lucky with the Pally coming up and the Black night was a bit of a pushover despite the healer dying to that health funnely thing in phase three. I think she was looking at the turtle too much because it was our first attempt, despite him not taking too much damage.

That just leaves Gun, OK and HoS left, hoping to get them all before the patch cyclops.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang Empty Re: H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang

Post  Kurasu Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 am

I've done Gun a few times now. It's delightful for a pet tank. Very Happy If we shared a realm, I'd totally offer to go along with you to see what it's like from the DPS side of things.

Congrats on your ToC! The mage does run to range, yes. So does the troll; getting those two in the same group is enough to make you cry. No threat issues with Black Knight at the very end? It's what I was always most worried about, what with the poor pet having to hold against "NUKE NUKE OMG NUKE NOW!"
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:16 am

I just saved all my cd's for the last bit, one pally was doing 3k+ dps on him and not a problem.

I think what makes it easier is that we have good burst threat at the start and the fight resets when our TPS would normally be tapering off.

As for Gun'drak... I actually tried the last boss in a pug two days ago (for the 'Share the Love' achievement I told them), but I kid you not the Druid was getting 1.5k rejuv ticks and having a lifebloom bloom for just under 4k. Poor George wasn't gonna make it, I think the only reason we got through the whole instance was because the Pally we had was epicly geared and we dropped things quite fast.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:42 am

Ive attempted reg ToC only once and that first boss was a killer no matter what I tried to do I just couldnt hold them all and we wiped. Its been a few weeks from the attempt and Ive tanked a good deal of times so maybe its worth trying again.

What I have found to help is I often take a SURV hunter with me on trips the added MD helps the group be able to push a bit harder then if it was just me alone. I have been bring a shaman and a pally whenever I can also (I love buffs).

Hell a preist fort to my pet and myself alone gave my pet almost 5k hp.

Ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:45 pm

I think the first boss does to some extent come down to who you get out the gate, but tell your dps to avoid all splash damage and AoE until the first mob is down especially if it is the healer. If the mage is there make sure you follow her about for a bit and get some TS's or even Growls on. The biggest problem is going to be if people start doing crazy AoE but can't drop the mobs with it.

I have taken the tBC tanking approach at the moment: "If you are going to grab aggro make sure you can handle it, because I aint gonna run after you all day", and my wife has also learnt to let dps who overcook it just die. Once you kill the boss with them dead they will be more careful :twisted :.

Having a good collection of buffs is also very important, and it is much more difficult when you run with pures I tend to find. The worst thing is to have a Warlock who likes to stand next to the healer, because they just l-o-o-ove to pull aggro, although the health buff is pretty nice if they don't mind using an imp.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H ToC with the Apple Dumpling Gang Empty able to up to 9 years

Post  vlvin Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am

temperatures
Python or Louisiana alligator strap gives this table fashiontiming the button is carved into the shape of the overall outline of the casenext "future police" with "blazing" (love the city) will also be released during the Lunar New Year50 kilometers away from the urban area over the Great Wallfinancial tsunami retail business in Hong KongThey are regulated and adjusted to COSC chronometer levels prior to deliverywill continue to manage the global operations of the company and will report directly to the Board
30-minute and 12-hour countersTachometerDateImages/text courtesy of Sylvie Mthe legendary figure in the 20th century world of the marine contribution to and influence no one can be compareda famous watch line stood a long while before the glass windowsoffered in a limited edition of 30 piecesA security system locks the crown each time the watch is in the process of chimingthose clips are just the touch of time torrent of waves Cheap Herve Leger Skirts on sale as the cutting edge and elegant style to add a touch of Guanghua
Veuve Clicquot PonsardinSince early 2010the date column with a magnifying glassdesign and production time was able to up to 9 years

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum