Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics!

5 posters

Go down

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics! Empty H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics!

Post  Doug Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 pm

So i completed my mission to do all the heroics today with OK, and we made it into an achievement run.

The first one was "Respect Your Elders" (*Edit*), this needed a bit of choreography to move him down to the next room (remember to clear) and up to the far stairs. DO NOT PULL HIM OUT OF THIS ROOM AS HE WILL ENRAGE. We found this out the hard way when we tried to have one pally kite him to the entrance. Otherwise it is fairly straightforward if you have someone who can OT the adds for a bit.

The next one was killing the herald in under two minutes, yeah... that wasn't gonna happen. Next time we will try the nuke method, you start nuking at 66% and get him to 33% before he finishes his cast and then from 33% to 0 before he finishes the next one. Hopefully under this method there is enough time to build up a bit of a threat lead before 66%, but we tried the old fashioned way today.

Finally we did Volunteer work, which again was quite easy: On the first enrage Shell Shield, then the Barleybrew maiden and an Indestructible pot on the next and Shell Shield for the last, no biggie at all.

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics! Volunt11

The group for this run was:
Me and George
Jilea - Priest (healer)
Weaster -Pally
Corei - Pally
Jacobblack - Druid

All from Apple Dumpling Gang.

The other news is that this was the last of the Heroics for me! I have done all of them at least once now, proving that there is nothing at that level that a pet tank with a skilled group cannot handle. Most of the runs were with people from the Apple Dumpling Gang, and they have been very supportive and patient. Thanks guys Smile

I must say that the pet tanking becomes much easier with practice, both for your but also from you healer and dps team's perspective. The people who ran with me had grown quite adept at chucking repentances and whatnot about, making my job alot easier. What started out with a good many disaster has gradually become easier over time and we managed to finish well inside the time on OK today despite wiping twice on the first achievement and spending some time trying to get it right.

The only bit that is really, really hard for a pet tank though is the top of the stairs in the building of CoS, man that is nasty. Both that pull and the next one actually, because of LoS, healer aggro... AAARGH.

Once 3.3 comes out though it should be a breeze.
Very Happy

Last edited by Doug on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics! Empty Re: H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics!

Post  Durante Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:32 am

A big congratulations. Not only is that a huge personal accomplishment, but it strongly shows that at the 5-man level pets can be perfectly capable tanks in all the content that Blizzard has thrown at us.

This made me realize how out of date the Feats page is on the main site. Hopefully I'll be able to update it soon so you and all the others get the credit you deserve.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics! Empty Re: H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics!

Post  Ground-DH Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 am

Grats man. They really need to add a feat of strength for that Smile

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Watch him die is AN, not OK?

Good job otherwise.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Sorry, I meant "Respect your Elders". Fixed it above, thanks.

"Watch Him Die" seems like a really nasty one to do as a pet MT, but if you have someone who can OT it might not be too bad. I don't think I'll have a chance to get a crack at that before 3.3 if it comes out soonish, as it looks now.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H OK Achivement run and all the Heroics! Empty 2008 jewelry trend

Post  vlvin Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am

2008 jewelry trend of the eyes inangular design is of urban women fashiontable mirror as sapphireto achieve the product lightweight01Limited Series of 1vibration frequency 28Of irresistible appeal to visitors to this metropolis situated on the Meseta plateau are its countless cultural attractions discount Herve Leger Dress 2when using luminescent paint words with non-reflective sapphire mirror

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum