Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure)

3 posters

Go down

H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure) Empty H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure)

Post  Doug Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Our guild did H FoS today with George the turtle tanking.

All went well after the second pull where we wiped because Jil (my wife's toon) healed before I could round up the mobs, it is a tricky pull because they are all in a row and will not get hit by thunderstomp if you start early. The damage does not seem too high and a good shell shield early on for that pull is all you need to get them all under the volley before the heals need to start.

Other than that it is mostly no hassle, even the caste mobs run nice and close so they get picked up by the initial volley. I didn't realise I had to kite the first boss so we carried on for ten minutes before he dropped. Once I started kiting him around it was easy, just be sure to get to the middle again afterwards.

The big banshee mobs are not a problem either.

But the last boss may be tricky... It seems that pets are not valid targets for the Phantom blast ability so he casts it on random people instead. No It may be possible with a dedicated group, but it seems like this one is a no-go. I tried to use distracting shot for each cast but I think he carries on casting at the original target.

It is not an instagib on the dps, but close enough to it to make this not feasible to pet tank as a regular thing. Except if someone has another idea on how to do it.

*Edit* This boss is the subject of an achievement: Three Faced. This requires him not to successfully cast his phantom blast at all. So it is interruptable, you either need a Gorilla (Know any of those?) or two interrupters in the party. It is a short cast and he casts it quite frequently, but it is not impossible.

I'll train up a gorilla again and give this another bash then if I can convince the guild lol.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure) Empty Re: H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure)

Post  Durante Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 am

Doug wrote:So it is interruptable, you either need a Gorilla,
H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure) Relevant_to_my_interests1

I've got the next few days off of work, so I'll have to give this a try. Besides, I'm in the process of trying to turn the great info you guys are giving into separate Pet Feat and walk-through articles, and some first hand experience would definitely help on the later.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure) Empty Re: H FoS (they did it deliberately I'm sure)

Post  Doug Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 am

That is the funniest thing I've seen in years cat
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm

BRR finally sees a Lolcat forum post.

My life is complete.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum