Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glyphs?

4 posters

Go down

Glyphs? Empty Glyphs?

Post  jfragment Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Guys,

I snagged the new mend pet glyph (improve mend pet by 40%) and was wondering what everyone else is rocking at 80 for a glyph setup.

Thanks,
J
jfragment
jfragment

Back to top Go down

Glyphs? Empty Re: Glyphs?

Post  shaox Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 am

Yep Glyph of Mending is a definite must, keeping up a hot on your pet is great survivability and 40% of that is huge Smile

For major glyphs I would go with:
- Glyph of Mending
- Glyph of the Beast (extra threat)
- Glyph of Bestial Wrath (more extra threat)

For my purposes (small group/solo pet tanking) I would also consider Glyph of Raptor Strike (20% reduced damage for 3 secs after Raptor Strike can be huge if you wish to tank an extra mob yourself to reduce the stress on your pet),

For minors I'll go with:
- Glyph of Possessed Strength (extra threat if conditions permit you to do so)
- Glyph of Feign Death (bouncing a mob you distract shot onto you, back onto your pet)
- Glyph of Revive Pet (the only semi-useful one left, lol)

shaox

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 am

Shaox, apart from one glyph, namely Glyph of the Beast, I'm using the same setup as you. I'm going with Aspect of the Dragonhawk when tanking as it's better for threat and dps.

For the 6th glyph I'm instead using Glyph of Hunter's Mark. For the sole reason of it being the best for me. Glyph of Kill Shot is a contender for the last glyph. Means that bosses die a bit faster in the end, and some bosses have soft enrages at low percentages.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am

Minor-wise, right now, I'm running with Mend Pet, Revive Pet, and Feign Death, but have been planning to trade FD out for Glyph Of The Beast. I just got lazy and haven't done my re-glyphing for that.

My major glyphs, I have Mending (naturally), The Beast (I actually have replaced my 'main aspect' key with Aspect Of The Beast when in tank-mode, rather than Dragonhawk), and .... I actually forget what my third was; you can tell I didn't glyph so long ago. I have been seriously considering the Raptor Strike one, however. I used to have Glyph Of The Monkey for my survivability (running like hell when attacked is useful!), but with it gone, the extra damage soaking might be very handy.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 am

Kurasu, Third Major one should be Bestial Wrath. Glyph of Mend Pet is such a waste of a glyph though. Your pet shouldn't be happy-starved. It gains happiness from growl.

Minor-wise, right now, I'm running with Mend Pet, Revive Pet, and Feign Death, but have been planning to trade FD out for Glyph Of The Beast.
Glyph of the Beast is a major glyph, so you can't trade FD for Beast. But I'm assuming you're talking about Possessed Strength since you mention the beast further down? If so, replace Mend Pet. Feign Death can be a useful tool, and short cooldown is always nice.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 am

Nordh wrote:Kurasu, Third Major one should be Bestial Wrath. Glyph of Mend Pet is such a waste of a glyph though. Your pet shouldn't be happy-starved. It gains happiness from growl.

The main reason I've got Mend Pet is that there's not a whole hell of a lot of useful minor glyphs. Wink It's only a waste of a slot if you've got better, and with the hunter's choices, there really isn't.

But I'm assuming you're talking about Possessed Strength since you mention the beast further down? If so, replace Mend Pet. Feign Death can be a useful tool, and short cooldown is always nice.

Yes, I did. That was me getting thoughtless. Possessed Strength is what I meant. AKA Eyes Of The Beast (thus 'Beast'). I never claimed my way of thinking made sense to anyone but me!

You make a solid point about the Growl keeping the pet happy, though. If the pet's not growling, you sure as heck aren't tanking right. Very Happy Like I mentioned above, it was mostly because of the lack of 'interesting glyphs' that I have it. It's extremely valuable for the DPS pet (it goes down, I get it back up, it's happy by the time it gets to the boss) so I didn't even stop to think just how utterly useless it would be in tanking. FD + Possessed + Revive, though, sounds like a better combination in this case, yes.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am

DPS pets (ferocity) should have Bloodthirsty, which increases happiness and gives healing to the pet while dps:ing. A must for a raiding hunter.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum