Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure)

2 posters

Go down

MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure) Empty MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure)

Post  Kurasu Fri May 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Why did I post here if it was a failure? Because sadly, while we were waiting for our 15 minutes to count down and make a second attempt, another group came in and finished the job for us. So we'll have to wait on a second try when next we find him up.

Who: Kurasu (80 tank-specced)
Pet: Panzer (80 turtle)
Party: Warlock + Resto Druid
Details: I happened to use my pendant to zap to BT in order to turn in a quest at Shattrath. As always, I peeked to see if Doomwalker was up, and well what do you know. He was! So hey, why not? I give a shout out to the guild, see if any of them are interested in downing him. Unfortunately, only two others were. interested: one resto druid and one warlock. However, we decided we'd at least give it a shot. Why? BECAUSE HE'S THERE! Why else?

The pull was a right tragedy, unfortunately. It seems that I had at some point changed suits with the turtle out, since he was completely unspecced and went right for the warlock, Panzer utterly unable to hold full burn DPS without any threat-increasing abilities. Needless to say, it was a mess. Fortunately, the resto was on the ball and managed to keep the turtle up while I frantically specced him and started with proper DPS. And with the aura of death, our poor Warlock had to just sit dead waiting for it to wear out so she could pop back in. We managed to get him down to about 35% before she got back, just in time for him to drop aggro, race right at her, and... yep. Squish again. So in effect, it was a two-man effort all the way to 20%. That is when we discovered to our horror that he has an enrage. And while the druid worked hard to keep the turtle up (and managed to get him to 17%), the next aggro drop ended up getting the druid killed, and that was the end of that. Mend Pet can only do so much to an armor-crunched and enrage-eating turtle, and I ended up having to FD and wait it out for try two. ... when bot boy was ninja'd. Sad

So for the record, Doomwalker has three main abilities that you need to know of as a tank. The first is a 'crunch armor' effect. This reduces the tank's armor by a whopping 90%. Needless to say, your pet will be taking some *big* hits, to the tune of about 15k each smack, so either bring an offtank or a solid healer (we had the second; he was able to heal through the big hits). The second is a 'rush', which will knock the tank back a considerable amount and drop aggro. When this happens, you'll obviously need to stop all DPS, throw any aggro-reducing abilities possible (i.e. FD, Shatter, whatever) and let the turtle regain it. Fortunately it's not too hard to get aggro back to a solid amount; you just have to let the pet get its stomps and growls in, and then re-start the DPS. Thirdly is the enrage. At 20%, he will frenzy, which *cannot be dispelled*. At this point, massive heals will be necessary to keep your pet up, or an offtank to drag him off if/when the crush armor is dropped onto the tank. The good news is that he attacks slowly, so if the healer is healing fast, you can keep the pet up without a horrible amount of difficulty.

There is also a quake, which will potentially stun and do a 2000 'tick' of damage. This is easy to Mend Pet through, and not too hard to heal other people through, either. The one thing to keep an eye out for, however, is that the quake doesn't stun the healer during enrage. If it does, things can go downhill fast.

Next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiime!

MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure) WoWScrnShot_050109_152137

Last edited by Kurasu on Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a '0' in the quake damage. Big difference!)
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure) Empty Re: MT: Doomwalker (trio) (barely failure)

Post  Ihlos Mon May 04, 2009 2:41 pm

looks like a lot of fun!

I remember when tenacity pets first came to be, i ran with my turtle to take on a fel reaver. I didn't quite get it, as I didnt have t5 (which would have made all the difference)

But even though I didn't down it I had a ton of fun! Its great to take down the iconic stuff.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum