Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyes of the Beast macro

3 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Eyes of the Beast macro Empty Eyes of the Beast macro

Post  Doug Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 am

I came across an interesting macro today for casting Hawkeye without interrupting the effect and found that it can be adapted to work with EotB:

/cast !eyes of the beast

This way you can refresh the effect endlessly as long as you have LoS. I'm not entirely sure if this changes anything about the usefulness of this spell, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Eyes of the Beast macro Empty Re: Eyes of the Beast macro

Post  Durante Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:15 pm

That's a fantastic find Doug. It defiantly makes EotB much more useful. Any time that the tank needs to make complicated movement EotB is a great tool, but one of the two major drawbacks was that you had that limit to how long you'd be able to sustain the channel.

For example, back in the spring when I tanked the Safety Dance, I had to toggle Pet Attack and Pet Follow, getting the pet to run into position following me, locking the pet in place, then trying to get myself back into the safe zone all in a few seconds. I couldn't just use EotB because I was worried that it'd end before the end of the dance cycle and it'd pull Heigan into the raid. If I had known about this macro I could have just sat up on the platform and tanked first hand.

Now the only drawback (that I can think of at least) to using EotB is lack of control of your character for AoE and loss of hunter DPS and Mend Pet, the later not really an issue when in 5-mans and raids.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:50 pm

You would need to spec 2/2 Bestial Discipline and make sure you have a big threat lead, but it is workable.

The biggest issue is keeping LoS, range seems unlimited still as the tooltip suggests, but the little 'bump' is still there so one would have to be careful about it. But it works Smile
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 am

Wouldn't you still rubberband the camera because of the casting time? That's the most irritating part of having to re-apply EotB.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:57 am

Been testing it, seems the range like this is 100 yards.

Not sure what you mean about "rubberband" though? If you mean the jump, yeah it's still there but you can move your pet while the recast is going on, as long as you don't move during the handover it seems fine.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum