Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feat: H DtK

3 posters

Go down

Feat: H DtK Empty Feat: H DtK

Post  Doug Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:42 am

I don't know if anyone else has done this and I didn't take a screenshot, but I just thought I would share my experience here.

This was tricksy, I messed up the room before the first boss (I forgot to put George on passive for the LoS pull and proceeded to pull the whole room) and we wiped twice on Dred.

Part of the problem on Dred was me using shell shield pre-emptively, saving it for the talons phase did the trick here. The Master's call/Distracting/Deterrence trick also works here though. The other thing is that the dps needs to watch there AoE splash because the Raptor will kill them if you don't see them.

I also lost a dps on the final boss, it seems the aggro reset is a bit chaotic, or he agrro's someone random. I wasn't specced for taunt and the dps in question was a enhance shammy with loads of dps but no sense or an aggro drop.

The instance is easy, once you know exactly what is going on, especially on Dred, but it has a few nasty tricksey bits.

Last edited by Doug on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Feat: H DtK Empty Re: Feat: H DtK

Post  Nordh Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 am

The last boss is extremely irritating. Your pet can be killed while the party is turned into skeletons so noone can heal it. Luckily, when I did it, pet got squashed just before the boss died, so wasn't that big of a problem.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Nordh wrote:The last boss is extremely irritating. Your pet can be killed while the party is turned into skeletons so noone can heal it.

Use your Bone Shield + Taunt in this case, and urge the party to do the same. Juggling aggro on the final boss is easy and will keep your pet safe. Especially since you can heal yourselves and the pet can't.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm

I did that actually, George survived just fine, but the enhance shammie grabbed aggro somehow after the reset and bought it.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Doug wrote:I did that actually, George survived just fine, but the enhance shammie grabbed aggro somehow after the reset and bought it.

From what I see with the reset, that's just what it is: full reset. And if the Enhance shammy did what shammies do best, he got a nice threat-burst before the pet could get a first hit, and thus became 'tank'. Basically total luck of timing would be my guess.

I love Enhance shamans like brothers, but dear god, they're as hard to tank for as RetPallies. Very Happy
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Kurasu wrote:
Nordh wrote:The last boss is extremely irritating. Your pet can be killed while the party is turned into skeletons so noone can heal it.

Use your Bone Shield + Taunt in this case, and urge the party to do the same. Juggling aggro on the final boss is easy and will keep your pet safe. Especially since you can heal yourselves and the pet can't.

It's in the transition between forms where you still can't use stuff, or after you've been able to use stuff and haven't gotten them back yet.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Actually... I think it's the greeny goo that does the worst of it.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down