Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H HoS achievement run

2 posters

Go down

H HoS achievement run Empty H HoS achievement run

Post  Doug Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm

I know HoS is old news, but I did my first full run of this today, definitely one of the easier instances if you have a good group.

The only thing special about this run was that we managed to do all three of the achievements first time, something helped not inconsiderably by the fact that the dps comprised 2xPally and 1xDK.

The biggest difficulty was Abuse the Ooze, but I think we ended up killing many more oozes than required to be sure, unfortunately resulting in the death of my wife's priest and one of the pallies, the Big Guy also hits hella hard.

H HoS achievement run H_hos_10
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

H HoS achievement run Empty Re: H HoS achievement run

Post  Kurasu Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 am

Nice work! So is there any detail on the 'how' incoming? Very Happy Or is it *that* straightforward?
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 am

Well, the first one is just nuking the lady down, threat wasn't an issue with the buff-setup we had and the dps did roughly equal damage (around 2.5-3k), you do have to move the pet out the void zones but you don't have to be super panicky about it.

Keeping Bran from getting hit was super easy because of the Consecrations and Death and Decay, the one pally was also pretty much running in tanking gear ("with a different stick" he said), largely because that was all he had. That bit used to be very hard but I think especially with our setup nothing was going to get through the doorway.

"Abuse the Ooze" again, we literally did next to no dps and I asked the guys to kill the adds A.S.A.P until the oozes came out. He does a cast where he turns one at a time into an Iron ooze or somesuch. Trouble is there is only so many oozes, so you can't kill them before they change, and they start running loose killing things after a while, it gets pretty hairy pretty quickly. I tried to pick them up but then you have the boss running about too, which doesn't help either.

Fortunately, by the time the healer and one of the pallies bought it (the healer being my wife again), he was down to 30k or so and we had done a whole bunch of oozes (I wasn't keeping track), so it was a simple matter of burning him with Killshot and some lightning and thunder from the other two.

Nothing specifically hard from a pet tanking pointing of view in that one, although he does hit pretty hard as I say, but it is a tricky achievement nonetheless.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 am

Doug wrote:"Abuse the Ooze" again, we literally did next to no dps and I asked the guys to kill the adds A.S.A.P until the oozes came out. He does a cast where he turns one at a time into an Iron ooze or somesuch. Trouble is there is only so many oozes, so you can't kill them before they change, and they start running loose killing things after a while, it gets pretty hairy pretty quickly. I tried to pick them up but then you have the boss running about too, which doesn't help either.

Actually, he summons small oozes. Two of those have to come together to turn into the big ooze, and it's the big ooze that you need to kill. Kill the small ones, and you're not doing the achievement. Wink

Also, the oozes are summoned until he gets to a certain % of health, so the moment you've killed enough, nuking him down below that level will help stop the ooze-spawning.

As for the rest, good detail! The Lady, I was a bit worried about because of the fast burn that's needed to get her dead in time, but apparently you had no issue, so I might well give it a shot sometime. Smile
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 am

Ah, I didn't realise the health bit, that might have been why I have had troubles on previous attempts with this one.

And yes, you have to make sure to not kill the little ones, because they stop spawning after a while as I found out on an earlier attempt.

Again, my theory is that the Horn of Winter buff helps a whole lot with threat, but I may be delusional, still trying to figure out in the other thread why it is so effective or if it is just my imagination. Either way, it was not an issue on this attempt at all, with George staying well ahead throughout.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum