Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to start Warning long post

5 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Where to start Warning long post Empty Where to start Warning long post

Post  ortag Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am

I am the GM of a very small guild. 19 members that are all alts for 4 people.

We have 3 lvl 80 hunters and an 80 resto druid that would be considered mains

As such our ability to get gear is very limited. Raids and Area are out as none of us really want to raid (maybe at some point) or do arena PVP. That leaves rep grind rewards the AH and crafting and battle grounds.

We would like to hit the regular 80 5 mans and then move on to heroics and baring finding a Pally/Warrior/Druid/DK tank that is not a total asshat (which seems to be more difficult each day)
My Hunter will fill in as tank with preferably a warp stalker although I also have an 80 turtle.

My first priority after reading some here will be to get to the hit cap then the crit cap.
I like my spec although I am open to suggestions though I am at a loss on what gear is available and where to get it that I can solo or 4 man with our 3 hunter 1 resto druid team.

Any help on what gear to obtain and where to get it would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

ortag

Back to top Go down

Where to start Warning long post Empty Re: Where to start Warning long post

Post  Doug Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 am

Your first priority is actually to hit the resilience cap, which I presume is what you meant by crit cap, then the hit cap.

Do a load of BG's and get some Honour PvP gear, this will allow you do tank anything you can come up against in a normal 80 dungeon and then some.

Warp Stalker are great, but be aware that if the fight involves any sort of positioning or you have melee dps in your party they are not really a good choice. Warp Stalker are only really great when you need a ton of mobility or you are Off Tanking a mob.

I would venture that Cobra Strikes is a must for tanking and that you are far better off using your normal dps spec in the MM tree instead of going for 5/5 Survivalist. You can (and should) drop Pathfinding at this stage and can consider dropping Revive pet and even Mend Pet (that is what you have healer for). The point you have in Improved Aspect of the Hawk can also go. Use these points in Ferocity instead.

Glyph-wise: You absolutely do need Glyph of the Beast for tanking.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 am

Some suggestions from my side: do Wintergrasp. Lots and lots of Wintergrasp. Use the shards and marks you get there for honor, which you can use for some of the good gear to get a head start on things.

Run random daily heroics to collect badges, run them multiple times to get better badges, and that will give you some more good PVP gear through your Triumph badges. You probably won't be running them as the group of four, but sometimes gearing up means breaking the party up a bit.

For trinkets, run some normal ToC and heroic Azjol'nerub for the Black Heart and Essence Of Gossamer, respectively. Those alone will give you over 200 stamina. There are better trinkets out there, but they're either extremely difficult to obtain (raids), extremely limited time (Brewfest), or very expensive (the Badge Of Frost key).

The two points in 'Pathfinding', for me, could be better put in something that would help increase your pet's threat. I'm in agreement with the Cobra Strikes idea. Forcing a crit on your pet is an awesome way to get some real threat out of things like Thunderstomp. Especially since Cobra Strokes + Thunderstmop = Automatic Critical hit on anything in the Thunderstomp range ,as opposed to all being rolled separately.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  zhucelun789 Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Run random daily heroics to collect badges, run them multiple times to get better badges, and that will give you some more good PVP gear through your Triumph badges. You probably won't be running them as the group of four, but sometimes gearing up means breaking the party up a bit.

For trinkets, run some normal ToC and heroic Azjol'nerub for the Black Heart and Essence Of Gossamer, respectively. Those alone will give you over 200 stamina. There are better trinkets out there, but they're either extremely difficult to obtain (raids), extremely limited time (Brewfest), or very expensive (the Badge Of Frost key).

The two points in 'Pathfinding', for me, could be better put in something that would help increase your pet's threat. I'm in agreement with the Cobra Strikes idea. Forcing a crit on your pet is an awesome way to get some real threat out of things like Thunderstomp. Especially since Cobra Strokes + Thunderstmop = Automatic Critical hit on anything in the Thunderstomp range ,as opposed to all being rolled separately.

zhucelun789

Back to top Go down

Where to start Warning long post Empty Business hall floor

Post  vlvin Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Business hall floor Exhibition HallThe structure of the Chronographe Squelettethe late 50's Charles-Edouard Heuer discount buy Herve Leger millions of viewers will watch the outsand then Ephrem Jobin wholesale Herve Leger Strapless the Rado's 2010 Unlimited Spirit Creative Design Competition will be further transfer the brand to supportFollowing this

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down