Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam posts

3 posters

Go down

Spam posts Empty Spam posts

Post  Durante Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 am

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the spam posts that have been going up, where it just copies text written by other posters with some links at the bottom. Unfortunately I don't have control to delete these posts yet, but I've been trying to get in contact with Ihlos to get all the permissions required to keep these forums clear of any spam or dangerous links.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Spam posts Empty Re: Spam posts

Post  darkynhalvos Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:23 am

Yeah, I've noticed the posts. Annoying as heck, because I browse this forum a few times a day, hoping to see new, actually useful posts on pet-tanking, which is one of my favorite things to do. Over the last few months, it seems most of the posts have been the copy-spammers, for lack of a better term, copying and reposting stuff. Fortunately, I have yet to see a potentially harmful link.

Hope you can get the needed permission to rid this great forum of the idiocy that's been popping up.
darkynhalvos
darkynhalvos

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:19 am

I've gone through and deleted all the spam posts and banned the posters since the beginning of 2010, which if I recall correctly was about when they started.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:16 pm

There's been a lot spam lately and it gets my hopes up lol. I'm kinda of hopeful sooner or later things here will pick back up and maybe slowly the spam bots will subside. On a side note if there's anything thing I can do to help with the site let me know. I'd hate to see such a great place fade away.

ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 am

Sadly my schedule recently hasn't allowed me to really be active writing for or maintaining the site. While the future of my writing on the site is a bit up in the air at the moment, I will be active in posting and maintaining the forum here on out.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down