Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec?

+4
Doug
Ihlos
jfragment
Nordh
8 posters

Go down

Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec? Empty Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec?

Post  Nordh Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:04 am

I know this is a feature implemented by Blizzard, both as a fail safe for the extra 4 pet talents, and a way to be able to respec the pet at the same time as you respec yourself.

I'm running both my specs with Beast Mastery, and I have different pets for the different specs. I hate having to replace my pet talents every time single I have to respec. I think there should be an option: "Do you also want to reset your pets talents? Yes / No"

I have however found a way around it. The pets in the stable does not have its talents removed, so what I do is:

1. Call Stable
2. Take out a pet I don't play with a lot
3. Do not close the stable
4. Activate dual spec
5. Take out the pet I want
6. Close the stable

You will now have your new pet with all its talents, and your old pet will not lose his. The only pet that loses the talents is the temporary one that you don't play with a lot. The reason why you shouldn't close the stable is that in doing this, your stable cooldown will not be activated after you dual spec. This means that you can do this trick anytime you want without thinking about the cooldown. If you had closed it, and then reused it, you wouldn't have been able to use this trick for another 30 minutes.

I hope this saves you a few talent clicks. =) Oh... and I hope this doesn't change with the patch, it's not up in Europe yet. I noticed that it said something about dismissed pets losing their talents now. I hope that doesn't mean Stabled pets as well.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec? Empty Re: Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec?

Post  jfragment Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:45 am

Cool work-around. Thanks!
jfragment
jfragment

Back to top Go down

Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec? Empty Re: Tired of pet talents resetting with dual spec?

Post  Ihlos Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 am

Yes, I am quite relieved that they got this right with hunters and pets. The potential for them to screw it up was huge. Really, as hunters this came out even better for us than most, and for us pet tankers it is a great advantage.

Nice thinking with keeping the stable open. I had used the trick to avoid the talent swap with my wolf, but i hadn't thought to keep the window open to preserve my cooldown.

Cheers.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:53 am

You are a hero for that one Smile
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  scaresome Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Very nice work-around!

I was just reading about an addon called Talented, would this be helpful as well?

I know I'm getting tired of respeccing every thing these last two patch updates! I wanna play!

scaresome

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 am

What exactly does Talented do?

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamb Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 pm

This may be a bit late, unless you're like me and have a hundred alts still to respec after the patch-to-patch-the-patch, but I found trick to put your missing talented buttons back in place. You've still got to spend your talent points, but once that is done (and it says "You have learned a new spell: XXXX") - don't re-link any of your talented abilities that are missing from your action bars. Instead, simply log out and log back in again - and all of your buttons will be back just where they were before your talents were refunded.

Jamb

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Huh. This dual spec implementation is pretty quirky aint it.
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm using Bartender4, so I'm not sure if it's because of that, but my two different specs have their own action bars. Everything you do while using one is saved when you talent away from it, and when you talent back everything is returned to how it was. Really nice feature. Especially for people with two completely different specs, like healer / dps.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Astiroth Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

well there's a even EASIER way, just dismiss it yourself, then when your done, call it back, no talents will be reset

Astiroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Astiroth, that was changed in the last minor patch (or was it in a hot fix?). It will now reset the points on your dismissed pet.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Astiroth Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 pm

The Hell you say!? that is very upsetting to say the least then, i'll have to check that

Astiroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Astiroth Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I found out something however, for those of us who bounce from BM to BM, if you have an Exotic pet out, it's talents won't reset.

Astiroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kheldul Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am

What's still annoying is the autocasts are still often screwed up. Some things that I never intentionally turn off are off, some that I never turn on (for some pets) are on, etc.

It would be easier if everything was always off when a pet is summoned. Then there'd be no surprises.
Kheldul
Kheldul

http://hunter-dps.dungeoneer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down