Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Hit

4 posters

Go down

Getting Hit Empty Getting Hit

Post  Bear behind Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 am

With all the stam i am trying to gather i am obviously pushing other dps stats away and decreasing threat

Hit is a very good way to increase your dps until the cap and then i stack AP - Should i be doing the same in reverse when ditching DPS stats?

i.e am i better of removing extra AP before Hit?

I understand that AP scales with our pets - and that they it increases threat generation through several ways such as growl, - but if im missing loads of attacks then my threat could be even worse.

Also thinking of MDed shots missing at the wrong time...

Any advice?

PS - I assume Focused Aim still does not transfer to pet after patch 3.1...
Bear behind
Bear behind

Back to top Go down

Getting Hit Empty Re: Getting Hit

Post  Nordh Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:39 am

Focused Aim is now supposed to correctly transfer hit to your pet.

It's a hard question to answer. Depends on how much hit for how much AP. But generally, hit > AP. If your pet misses you get 0 threat.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear behind Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 am

Nordh wrote:Focused Aim is now supposed to correctly transfer hit to your pet.

Seriously? Damn thats 3 points needed in MM if taking the threat build Very Happy - saves all the hit gems/enchants needed to cap.

Edit: yeah - just looked around and it seems to be true- tho couldnt find it in patch notes
Bear behind
Bear behind

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 am

Focused Aim is a great place to pick up pet hit now, and I'd strongly recommend getting some of the PvP gear with hit rating. Most of them are best in slot or close to it in terms of stamina, and also provide a decent amount of attack power and substantial hit. The new Titan-forged Chain Armor of Triumph is bought from the Wintergrasp vendor with the Marks of Honor, which sports all the same stats as the Deadly Chest but with hit rating instead of crit. The Furious Gladiator's Pendant of Victory is this PvP seasons new Agi/Hit neck, but if you don't have the team rating for it the Deadly Glad version can probably be picked up without an arena rating, not sure though.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwicky Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 am

Don't forget about elixir/flask and foor buffs to help not only yourself, but also the pet. (Much Hit included)

The ones that offer the best stats to be transfered to the pet:
Flask of Endless Rage +180 AP
Lesser Flask of Resistance +50 to all schools of magic

Elixir of Mighty Agility (+45 Agil Battle Elixir)
or Elixir of Accuracy (+45 Hit Battle Elixir)
and Elixir of Protection (+800 Armor only real guardian elixir to affect pets)

Worg Tartare (40 stam and 40 Hit)
Mega Mammoth Meal (80 APA and 40 Stam)

You can always make up 85 hit from food/elixir buffs which is something people shouldn't forget.

Zwicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum