Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet positioning tricks

4 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Pet positioning tricks Empty Pet positioning tricks

Post  Ground-DH Sat May 23, 2009 4:03 pm

This thread is for tricks that can help get your pet where you want him when tanking. I'm sure there are a lot that I haven't used yet and I'm looking forward to trying some new methods.

Here's one to start things off:

Positioning for tanking groups

It is desirable when tanking lots of mobs to have your pet on Defensive so that he will not just stop attacking during the first. However, when you misdirect, he will immediately take off. The solution is obvious, but requires the hunter to be "on the ball".

1. Put pet on passive.
2. Put pet on STAY where you want him to stand.
3. Misdirect pet
4. Multishot the group (gets up to 3 of them some hard agro) and hit escape to drop target so that you don't accidently follow up with an autoshot (which might crit higher than the initial damage and get some of the extras on you).
5. When the group gets to your pet, put him back on defensive.

I had a few cases where a caster stopped to throw some spells. Luckily, it seems the pet will move to the next closest and not randomly run off toward the caster, so you can wait for another misdirect to keep the caster firmly fixated on your pet.

Ground-DH

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Pet positioning tricks Empty Re: Pet positioning tricks

Post  Doug Sun May 24, 2009 4:58 am

It might be worth your while to make a /notarget macro to help with step four, can't remember the exact lua command for it.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 am

For me, my main pullshot is not an expert macro, but it works. For soloing, I use the following:

/cast arcane shot 1
/target kurasu [me]
/target lasttarget

In this way, it'll do a quick 'blink', interrupting your autoshot and letting the first shot go off. In your case, replace 'arcane shot 1' with 'multishot'. It'll automatically cast your highest unless you specify a level. I do it with level 1 so when my pet takes over, he hasn't got as much threat to overcome.

You could also macro in a /cast misdirect, but that might just be a bit more than is needed for a single button-press. Wink
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Pet positioning tricks Empty fe443

Post  vlvin Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Plum 90th Anniversary Direct 40mm stainless steel caseThe movement was developed and conceived in-house with the aim of combining the technical majesty of a complication with the aesthetical beauty of its decorationthe satin brushing of the fine details can be done without affecting the ceramic bezelcan better grasp the next phase of the layout in the Chinese market high quality Herve Leger Skirts

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down