Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mimiron - Phase 1 & 4

2 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Mimiron - Phase 1 & 4 Empty Mimiron - Phase 1 & 4

Post  Nordh Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:04 am

Those of you who's been at Mimiron knows that the most dangerous parts of this fight for the tank involves Phase 1. This is due to 2 abilities, Plasma Blast and Shock Blast.

Shock Blast - Every 30 seconds, Mimiron will cast a spell called Shock Blast. The cast takes 4 seconds and cannot be interrupted. The spell deals 100,000 nature damage to any player caught within 15 yards of Mimiron. All players, including the MT, need to run out of range for this ability, making sure to avoid Proximity Mines as they do so.

Plasma Blast - Every 45 seconds, Mimiron will cast Plasma Blast at his tank. This puts a debuff on the MT which cannot be resisted or dispelled and deals 30,000 damage per second for 7 seconds. This is incredible spike damage and healers and tanks should be prepared with large heals and defensive cooldowns to survive each Plasma Blast. A high DPS raid should have to deal with at most 3-4 of these blasts, meaning that basic tank cooldowns, shields, and cooldowns like Pain Suppression and Blessing of Sacrifice will be sufficient to prevent the tank's death in spite of the very large damage.

I think this is a perfect place for a hunter to tank due to those two abilities which a hunter can negate 75% and 50% respectively. Recently I haven't even bothered pulling back my pet on Shock Blast, it takes a max of 20K damage anyhow (which leads me to think that it's actually 80K damage total on normal players), and my pet sits on 24K when dpsing. Even if it was 25K, it wouldn't really be a problem when tanking since he doesn't do any damage while casting it, so it's easy to keep your 40K pet topped.

This leads me to the second ability, 30K per second. Normally you set up an "oh-shit-button"-rotation for this, but as luck would have it, it's on a 45 second timer, and guess what, Shell Shield is on a 42 second timer. That means we're down to 15K per second only, something any healing team should be able to handle.

With the recent change to the rockets, they should no longer target melee, you don't have to move your tanking spot in phase 4. Also, they made him immobilized when he's doing barrage, so even if you have to pull your pet back from barrage, he still won't chase around the room when you avoid it.

Now, as a little bonus for reading this I am going to give you a hint that's not in any strategy guides. In phase 3 there are bomb bots that goes after a target and when they reach it they hit for 25K and everyone in a 5 yard radius. Want to remove that damage from the raid? Easy, here's what you do.

Your duty is to dps the head, you have your pet on defensive. Every time he spawns a bomb bot you quickly target the bomb when it's falling to the ground (I recommend having enemy HP bars visible for easier targeting here) and send your pet on it. Now, here's the trick. You will have 2 mages doing a frost nova rotation when it lands. One frost nova per bomb bot, the cooldown is too long to only have 1 mage. Why you ask? Well, what happens when a mob is in a frost nova? He targets the nearest enemy, which in this case is your pet. And BOOOM, it explodes just seconds after it spawned, far away from any raid member. With 75% avoidance, your pet survives and everyone's happy.

When it's exploded, your pet goes back to standing below the head since it's on defensive, waiting for the next bomb bot to spawn. Wash, rince and repeat.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Mimiron - Phase 1 & 4 Empty Re: Mimiron - Phase 1 & 4

Post  Kurasu Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

Stolen and posted on my guild's board. .... well, OK. Not *stolen* considering I added a link here and gave you quote-credit. But the idea's sound! Wink

I doubt they'll ever let me tank Phase 1, though I'd love to try. It sounds like a good possibility. I definitely can agree on the 'pet tankig less damage in the explosion' part. The Don (my Devilsaur) doesn't *like* getting zapped, but he hasn't died in a very long time, and he's on pretty much minimum extra HP. Panzer would probably eat it and hiccup.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:17 pm

I just remembered another thing about the phase 3 addition that I posted. It's also part of an achievement to not have any player be hit by the bomb bots, pets don't count as players, so it's a really easy way to get that part done. =)

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum