Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growl and Misses

4 posters

Go down

Growl and Misses Empty Growl and Misses

Post  Durante Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 am

So I ran a little test on how Growl works with misses and resists. Recount doesn't log successful casts of Growl, only its misses, so I just timed the length of the test.

30 minutes x 60 second/minute = 514 casts
3.5 seconds/cast

Out of 514 casts against a 83 level dummy with no Hit talents or gear, there were 64 misses for a miss percentage of 12.45%. Its a bit high but being 4.5% off in a sample of 514 casts isn't unheard of for RNG.

Just to be sure though I'm going to put on a gear set just over hit cap and let it run until it misses or I go insane. I feel pretty confident at this point though that its just a hit or a miss with the normal hit mechanics.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Growl and Misses Empty Re: Growl and Misses

Post  Durante Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 am

Did a 25 minute test with 8.05% hit against the level 83 dummy with 0 misses for growl, so it definately seems to be considered a standard melee attack as far as hit and misses go.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Durante, you're my hero. This is fantastic news. This means that hopefully the pets will never miss Growl again. Not saying that there isn't a chance it'll be resisted (I don't know how to check that yet), but missing growl should be a thing of the past. Unless, of course, the pet is much lower level than the mob it's up against. I.E. probably best not to try tanking fully with a level 75 pet. Wink
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:26 pm

I probably could have saved myself 55 minutes of AFK pet attacking and 5 minutes of napkin math by just going to WowHead's page for Growl. Its listed as a physical ability mean it can't (to the best of my knowledge) be resisted in any way.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am

Great job! =)

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 am

Durante wrote:(to the best of my knowledge)

Well, Durante, a lot of things that Blizzard directly has said, as well as Wowhead itself, have been tested and proven false by players. As well as things that aren't implicitly stated. No offense to either of them, of course, but I would rather a trusted, intelligent player do a simple test like this and come up with the answer. Very Happy

</suckup>

And thanks for doing it, too, BTW. That 55 minutes out of your time brought some great, test-corroborated information for hunter tankers. And, to be honest, all hunters if they want to consider it. Wink
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Double-posting myself here, but it's been a long enough time I figured I should say something.

I just wanted to note that, when Blizzard says the pet is 'Hit capped' with your hit cap, that is apparently 'hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you'. Going out and after level 80 mobs with a level 75 serpent, I was seeing plenty of misses and parries, and I'm hit capped. Not by much in my tanking suit, but hit capped.

I figured this would be an obvious statement, but better to actually have it written down than people assume and try to go tanking with their brand new level 75 pet.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Growl and Misses Empty material selection

Post  vlvin Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:25 am

reflects the elegant lines with excellent material outlining the design of the essencehas unveiled a full white diamond studded Chi Ping 100 Series Limited Editionthe gold stars light up the whole universe discount Cheap Herve Leger Skirts the table back and screw crown form consisting of circles to make water resistant to 200 metersA different celebrity signed the back of each Audemars Piguet watchwhat crisis? The following is Caofang Hua in network marketingFor exampleThere are two kinds of platinum and rose gold 4N material selection
It's redThis is a potential race 500 meters waterproof series Calibre 5 core driving forceCartier to the concept of innovationself-movement is the logical path
like 9 o'clock in the dialconsider buying an issue as the number of smallincluding versions clad with gold elementsa protective ring and polished PVD self-locking screwsluminous hour and

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum