Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soloing UK

+4
Kheldul
Nordh
Kurasu
scaresome
8 posters

Go down

Soloing UK Empty Soloing UK

Post  scaresome Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:43 pm

I saw a video on wowinsider of a hunter who soloed reg UK.

He posted his spec and discussed his strategy on the video.

After reading thru this forum for the past few weeks, I decided to give my first go at uber-challenging material (at least for me).

I got all the way to the first boss, the Prince, before dying! It was very tricky but I did it and loved it. I died on the Prince three times before quitting; had to go to work. The repair bill was kinda high but well worth it.

I learned the trick of Feign Death to send the adds back to the entrance but each time I did it; I got ice tombed. So - to break the ice tomb, I hit Bestial Wrath and then Feign Death; which obviously meant failure. The timing was uncanny. Next run, I'll position myself in another place.

On the vid, the guy gets ice tombed several times. My cooldown wouldn't be over on Bestial Wrath and I don't know of any other way to break the ice.

So ... I'm on my way, it's fun and thanks to the posters here; I'm taking notes, y'all.

scaresome

Back to top Go down

Soloing UK Empty Re: Soloing UK

Post  Kurasu Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Bestial Wrath is one way to do it. You can also try punching Master's Call. I haven't tested if it'll release you, but I know it releases you from Nexus chains.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  scaresome Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:42 pm

That's a great idea .... can't wait to get home from work!

I think I left the Master's Call button way out of the way, lol. Gonna have to stick it next to my "tanking" set of buttons.

scaresome

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:32 am

Master's call only works on root effects, not incapacitating effects which the ice tomb is. The PvP trinket / human racial however should work.

What's the CD on the tomb?
If it's long enough you could time BW -> trinket -> BW and then hope it's dead before it hits a 4th time.

Can your pet munch through its HP before you're dead? How much HP does the tomb got, and how much does it damage you?

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kheldul Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 am

I expect that regular UK and regular Nexus are similar in difficulty to heroic BC instances. So there are many options...

It seemed like Master's Call worked for him in the video. I'd also stack my PvP trinket. Of course there's also now the nice Wintergrasp trinkets which have the same Use function, but don't have the wasted [in PvE] Resilience. Very Happy
Kheldul
Kheldul

http://hunter-dps.dungeoneer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am

I tired Nexus and it seemed pretty straight forward. Killed the tree boss with no hassles. But the Void boss...

It wasn't anything with the pet, I just didn't have remotely enough dps in my tank gear, and probably wouldn't have had in dps gear either, got overwhelmed in the end.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  scaresome Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Same here, I'm not uber-geared at all. Still, I think I have a sporting chance having come so close.

Thanks all, it's a gas gas gas.

scaresome

Back to top Go down

Post  BattleCall Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:08 am

this is my first post hope its in the right spot..

I have soled UK a few times full clear. one of the things i do on the first boss is spot a fire trap and stand on it gl
BattleCall
BattleCall
BattleCall

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:07 pm

BattleCall wrote:I have soled UK a few times full clear. one of the things i do on the first boss is spot a fire trap and stand on it gl

That's actually a fantastic idea. I can see other places that would be good as well. Hell, even in raids there's times you need to kill tombs and traps and the like. I'll have to test this on the ironroots in Ulduar 10. Very Happy
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 am

Quite brilliant actually. Too bad that Iron roots takes quite a bit more than a trap to kill, but then again, it helps speed up the process =)

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:21 am

Oh, yes. I didn't expect it to kill it completely. But even just speeding it up can be a big help if people are distracted elsewhere. There's times I've had to de-root my own self with my pet. It takes... quite a while. even with The Don. An extra 2-3K taken off roots (more if you have the glyph) would be useful.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  qinghe Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:43 am

awesome "tanking" gear. I was wondering what your pet has (self buffed) for HP and Armor while you're in tanking gear.

Oh and bonus question. What does your mend pet tick for?

qinghe

Back to top Go down

Post  lp7631010 Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Bestial Wrath is one way to do it. You can also try punching Master's Call. I haven't tested if it'll release you, but I know it releases you from Nexus chains.

lp7631010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down