Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me

3 posters

Go down

Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me Empty Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me

Post  Ground-DH Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

HOORAY! First clear of a heroic dungeon for me and Zero.

Group makeup:

Huntank - BM me
Warlock - Not sure on spec
Hunter - Survival
Death Knight - DPS spec
Druid - Heals

Wipes:

1. The miniboss (guys in ice cubes) - Huntank forgot about fear and pet went out of LOS of the healer.
2. Outside mage boss - We got adds, I didn't get agro fast enough and healer died. Cables failed too Sad
3. Keristraza - tank died due to moving about too much.

Three is my limit, so I offered to drop for a real tank. The team had developed enough confidence that even though I offered to drop so they could get a real tank they encouraged me to try again. This time Zero stayed up until the last 80k HP and we managed to kill off the dragon anyway.

I'm pretty stoked. When the next patch hits, it will become realistic for hunters to say "LFM heals + 3dps for heroics"...and maybe answer some of the tank calls for higher dungeons Smile

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me Empty Re: Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me

Post  Kairu Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Nicely done! I plan on trying heroic Nexus next, so its cool to see that someone has done it successfully. I think the key to getting Keristraza down smoothly would be to load up on all the frost-resist gear you can get your hands on. Your threat would be terrible, but if you can get your dps to wait a little bit, I think it would work out alright.
Kairu
Kairu

Back to top Go down

Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me Empty Re: Zero vs Heroic Nexus - First full clear for me

Post  Ground-DH Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I used no frost resist at all. You don't need to take much damage as long as you are good at watching your pet's debuffs. Just click "Follow" then "Attack" each time your pet gets 2 of the ice debuffs on him.

Mostly, I went for my stamina stack. Zero was running around 23k HP for this run because I didn't regem my PvP gear (he's been upwards of 31k before, with gem changes).

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 am

Yeah, hard part about that boss is all the friggin' moving around. A normal tank can just jump up and down on the spot without missing a beat. No such luck for us.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down