Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroic: Nexus

4 posters

Go down

Heroic: Nexus Empty Heroic: Nexus

Post  Kairu Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Group composition:

Myself + Panda (Bear) - Tank
Paladin - Healer
Priest - DPS
Hunter - DPS
Death Knight - DPS

Buffs:

Fortitude
Kings
Fish Feast
Spiced Mammoth Treats
Devotion Aura

Panda had 32.9k health, I had just about the same.

The Run:

Had no issues with trash at all, everything went swimmingly up to Commander Kolurg. My paladin healer is normally a tank, so his healing set isn't all that, and he was a tad bit rusty in the healing department...so the first attempt ended in a wipe. Second attempt went much better and we cleared him no problems. Grand Magus Telestra was cake, and Panda was able to pick up the mirror images and hold aggro on them with no problems. Anomalus was easy as well. Ormorok the Tree-Shaper went smooth as well, Panda was able to have plenty of threat with me just volley'ing down on the boss.

Keristrasza, however, was a pain in the arse. I brought my frost-resist set with me, and I figured I could let the stacks build up a bit, so I wouldn't be dragging her all across the room getting everyone tail-swiped and breathed on. That didn't work so well, when I tried to move him a bit to get the debuff off, it wasn't coming off. I think that was due to latency issues with me, as I had to move Panda quite a bit for the debuff to finally come off. We died each time she enraged, and I think having a turtle in this case for shell shield would of really helped out. Took us three attempts, but we finally got her down.

I'm sure another run or two and I'll have that place down pat, the first time through things were a bit shaky, but it worked out in the end. Threat was never an issue (then again, the DPS was a bit low, so that helped Laughing ), and even though Panda went down a few times, I think it was more so healer rustiness than the tank being squishy.

One thing I discovered, is that health buffs such as flask of the stoneblood, does not transfer to pets. Neither does +275 health to chest. I guess it has to be "stamina", for it to transfer.
Kairu
Kairu

Back to top Go down

Heroic: Nexus Empty Re: Heroic: Nexus

Post  Nordh Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 am

There can be two reasons for your pet not moving away properly. You had defensive on, even with spamming /petfollow, it can sometimes take a while for the pet to understand if you're autoshooting at the same time.

But the main reason is most likely that your pet was stuck in ice, and the pala didn't remove it properly. Debuffs on pets tend to get ignored by inexperienced people, because they don't show up on Decursive, which many people use for dispels.

There are two ways to solve this, Master's Call (I'm not 100% is works on that specific boss, but it should) and Bestial Wrath.

The last boss is a bitch to tank for a hunter either way you look at it, at least they are immune against the similar debuff on Hodir, eh? That would have been painful otherwise.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:37 am

It should be enough that your pet moves a fraction of an inch. When I did Keristraza, I left him on defensive and just hit follow, that was enough to keep him alive till very near the end of the fight.

I did not use any frost resist at all.

Ground

PS: The best chest "enchant" for pet tanking I can think of the +18 stamina Leatherworking armor kit. The "Powerful stats" is only +10 stamina.

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Something to remember in here: tranq shot works on her enrage. And if you're pet tanking, you've always got a hunter to tranq. Very Happy
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down