Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking?

+3
eggomoo
Ground-DH
Kurasu
7 posters

:: Forums :: Pet Tanking

Go down

Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking? Empty Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking?

Post  Kurasu Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:05 am

Exactly what it says on the tin: for tanking, I use The Undeath Carrier for its absolutely ginormous stamina boost (+151 stamina). I've yet to find a weapon with a better stamina, aside from PVP and arena weapons, and frankly my skill with arena is... somewhat lacking.

OK. It sucks. I've done all of three arena battles, lost every one of them, and decided it really wasn't for me.

As a high-level raider, getting *into* places isn't too difficult, but can someone give me a suggestion for something to actually look for? Something that doesn't take arena rating to get. the Undeath Carrier is nice and all, but Naxx25 is starting to feel a little outdated.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking? Empty Re: Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking?

Post  Ground-DH Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Good question. I'm still using Undeath Carrier myself.

However, I use it only for my tanking build. For PvP and arena I use my normal DPS weapon (Marrowstrike from HToC).

Now, there are a couple things I've wished I had...

If I had it, I'd use one of these:

Reckoning
Archon Glaive

They don't seem hard to get, but I have yet to see either drop.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking? Empty Re: Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking?

Post  eggomoo Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 pm

I've actually picked up Staff of Feral Furies as its fairly easy to get, only a few days of dailies. I don't know how the armor stacks up against 50 stam in some other sets, but it seems like it could be useful.

If i could get a group together for 25 nax, i could get Origin of Nightmares which seems like it could do alot better.

eggomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:59 am

eggomoo wrote:If i could get a group together for 25 nax, i could get Origin of Nightmares which seems like it could do alot better.

I found the following note on Wowhead about Staff of Feral Furies:

Update - the armor contribution does not affect Hunter Pet Armor in any way.

Not sure if this is because of there not being enough armor to move the needle, or because it simply doesn't carry down, but it's something to consider. I've not had an armored staff in a while so I can't confirm it; suggest that you might want to check.

Still, if you're just starting out, +93 stamina is a good, solid boost until you can get your hands on Origin Of Nightmares, The Undeath Carrier, or Staff Of The Plaguehound in Naxx (25 for the first and second, 10's Kelly for the last), or Marrowstrike from Heroic ToC. Considering the last ones are drops, where the Staff Of Feral Furies is a purchase, if you don't need the seals then it's a guaranteed weapon until you *can* get one of those drops. Try for Undeath Carrier (Heigan The Unclean); the +151 stamina will last you a good, long time, plus the crit will help more than Haste or ARP tank-wise, as Cobra Strikes can give that extra boost to your threat and GFTT (if you've got it) will keep your pet's focus rolling.

Thanks to being in a high-end raiding group, and in a couple raids where I was the only hunter and no feral druids (yes, they do exist!), I've been able to get hold of first a Lupine Longstaff, then the Archon Glaive later. This let me gem one for DPS (the Glaive) and one for tanking (Lupine Longstaff). So I'm set for the moment. Would rather have the crit for a tanking set, but since I'd *also* rather have it than haste for DPS, had to make a balance somewhere.

It did lead to a great reaction where I and my guild were bitched out by a druid who saw my stamina gear and wondered how a guild could let me roll on a high-end weapon for tanking, rather than DPS. He was only jealous because I had higher HP than him, I bet. Wink
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 am

Kurasu, I got hold of the Lupine Longstaff as well last night for minimum DKP =) Really sweet deal. Putting a 30 stamina socket in it for tanking and that's 158 stamina right there, glued together with some REALLY nice AP.

Only bad thing about it, ArP won't stack to the pet =(

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  darkynhalvos Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm

For a tanking stat stick, I currently use Fordragon Blades from ToC 10, socketed with 30 stam (may change that to 20ap/15 stam). Cool
darkynhalvos
darkynhalvos

Back to top Go down

Post  alicewei Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm

So now, with the new changes to 'Resilience scales to pet', obviously people are going to be moving on toward PVP gear to get their pet crit-immune. The question I've got here, though: what suit should we be considering?

See, the way I see it, you can haphazardly g

alicewei

Back to top Go down

Good/Better Weapon For Pet Tanking? Empty Technical Specifications18 karat white

Post  vlvin Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Technical Specifications18 karat white or red gold Limited editionline and design far cry from the elegant shapethis is the history of the Pan American Games designer Cheap Herve Leger in March 2004 high quality Cattle Neck Stripe 35CM living standardsA centrifugal governor existed

vlvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down