Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT Vs H VH

5 posters

Go down

TMNT Vs H VH Empty TMNT Vs H VH

Post  bigfootzz Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:40 am

So last night after talking to a few of my guidies that have been very intrested in the concept of a Hunter Tank and that fact that Im nuts they wanted to see what I could do.

Group Make up

Hunter Tank (BM)
Turtle pet (TMNT)
Frost mage
Resto shaman
Shadow priest
Blood DK

What really seemed to help is I had the mage nova all the multi groups of mods in place I sent my turtle into the center mob to build aggro on the entire group with thunderstomp and MD. Now I have a macro that applys MD BW and FF to my pet on one shot so my tps spikes pretty high when there off cd.

We had no isses with any of the trash and as far as bosses it was cake.

Got the 2 headed pup I put my pet on stay/agressive against his portal before he came out. Hit my macro as soon as he turned hitable? it spun him right around no fd to the group.

I also told my guildies to /focus target TMNT and just click on him to find out who hes targeting it seemed to really help.

ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

TMNT Vs H VH Empty Re: TMNT Vs H VH

Post  Kurasu Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 am

bigfootzz wrote:Now I have a macro that applys MD BW and FF to my pet on one shot so my tps spikes pretty high when there off cd.

A couple things here. First off: I can't work out what FF in this case would be. That might just be me totally brainfarting, of course. Very Happy

Secondly: I would use Intimidation in that macro as well. It is a *huge* spike of threat compared to your other abilities (even, I think, Growl) and does a really good job of getting that 'pull threat' on a single target. Or do you prefer to use it mid-tank?

Good plan on the /target instruction, as well. Smile I wish more people would listen to plans like that rather than opening up with AOE and then wondering why 3 out of 4 of the mobs ran after them.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 am

FF is focus fire or whatever that move is called that makes your pets next to moves a crit strike. Intimadation huh? Never thought about it, I do use it but nomrally on mobs I can stun I figured it wouldnt do anything if there immune maybe there just immune to the stone it self.

ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 am

I think Intimidation bleeds over onto other mobs somehow. Enough that as long as someone isn't damaging a mob, I've seen em turn to Zero on an Intimidate, even though he wasn't targetting them. Might have been growl though, I'll have to test.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am

On a side note I cant wait till they update cower I love my turtle dont get me wrong, but Id love to use my worm (for armor reduction hes go a build in sunder) or my old school black and red scorp but Shell Sheild is just too valiuble to give up.

Ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 am

bigfootzz wrote:FF is focus fire or whatever that move is called that makes your pets next to moves a crit strike.

Do you mean Kill Command? It's not an automatic crit, though it does increase the chance of a crit with the right talent, and does better damage. The guaranteed crit is Cobra Strikes, which procs off your own critical attacks (which is why having good crit on tanking gear is nice).

Intimadation huh? Never thought about it, I do use it but nomrally on mobs I can stun I figured it wouldnt do anything if there immune maybe there just immune to the stone it self.

Even if mobs are immune to the stun, they aren't immune to the threat burst. I've seen over 1k of threat from a single Intimidate, and that can be a huge help against a high-nuke opponent. Especially if you're going for tanking raids, or heriocs where you've got high-equipped people (or Retradins and HanceShams)
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kheldul Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am

Even if mobs are immune to the stun, they aren't immune to the threat burst. I've seen over 1k of threat from a single Intimidate, and that can be a huge help against a high-nuke opponent. Especially if you're going for tanking raids, or heriocs where you've got high-equipped people (or Retradins and HanceShams)

Wow. I never knew that. Awesome tip. I thought it wouldn't have any threat affect on bosses.
Kheldul
Kheldul

http://hunter-dps.dungeoneer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:06 am

Intimidation has a steady 1K threat. (That's about 0.25 seconds of a dps:ers threat covered Wink) So it's quite weak considering that you can only use it once every 42 seconds. Especially since it takes a GCD to throw it. But it can be applied before the pull (lasts about 8-10 seconds) so there's really no reason not to use it as your pet is running towards the enemy as it provides just a slight more threat.

After the initial pull, I very rarely use it unless a mob is stunnable.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down