Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =(

+3
Durante
Doug
bigfootzz
7 posters

:: Forums :: The Pets

Go down

Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =( Empty Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =(

Post  bigfootzz Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 am

So whats the deal here almost all of us tank with turtles I know shel shield is fantastic but does that mean the other pets are worth less? I have worm that I love armor reducer is great and really seems to help down mobs faster. Now with my worm I went with a stam build went all the way down to get teh stam ap increaser with one point in SB. But the issue im havign is my worm still dies faster then my turtle would.

What can I do to improve this or am I going to have to wait till they imp cower?

Ed
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =( Empty Re: Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =(

Post  Doug Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 pm

I think worms may well be the best single target aggro tanks, and with cower that may be worth something.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =( Empty Re: Turtles the only tanks what about worms? =(

Post  Durante Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

If you're not getting the armor debuff from another member of a party, then worms are probably the best single target pet if you don't need Shell Shield. As to how best to keep your pet alive, what type of content are you doing?
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 am

The way I see it, Ed, back when gorillas were the 'only' tank worth having (because of their Thunderstomp ability), I was tanking with a turtle. Just because it's not as effective in some things doesn't mean it's going to be *ineffective* elsewhere. Very Happy
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 pm

The Rhinos are pretty good tanks too. I was running with Meat for a while before I decided to swap to a turtle for the Shell Shield.

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 am

I tried a Rhino on the PTR, I was kinda hoping Stampede would generate additional threat because of the debuff, but it seems it doesn't, sadly.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Ground-DH Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeah, I abandoned the rhino when they got rid of the knockback. It was awesome in pvp Smile

Ground

Ground-DH

Back to top Go down

Post  bigfootzz Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 am

Ive been tanking H DTK, H VH, H Gundrak and H UK the same ones Ive been doing for a couple of weeks now. I replaced SB that I had on my turtle with stam and ap buff to give him a bit more hp to play with. Im currently in a full pvp set aside from chest bracers and belt Im gemed for hit cap then ap with little stam gems Im pushing 30k hp. My work has 25k hp roughly unbuffed but drops rather quickely.

My Turtle is maybe 1k or so under but holds fine to his life and dmg. Right now Im shooting for a seond dagger from h toc so I can get rid of some hit for ap maybe I should do stam instead to help my worm?

Both have decent tps but the worm does have a noticble amount more even my guildes that run with me seem to beable to push a little more with him.

ED
bigfootzz
bigfootzz

http://timewastedtuesday.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

That's excellent news, I think I will to make a slot for a wormey in 3.3
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Sadly, my stable's filled: Panzer (he will leave over my COLD DEAD BODY!), [The] Don (my BM DPS Devilsaur), Suresh (Serpent; he's there for when we need slowing poison and will likely be my Surv/MM DPS), and my two vanity pets: Glitch (the crocohydra and my PVP pet) and Doden (the black Warpstalker).

A worm would have to tempt me away from one of those slots... and I don't foresee that happening any time soon. Sad
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  darkynhalvos Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Going to try out my worm the next time I can tank a raid boss, think I'll test him on Sapph again since that's a pretty easy fight. Picked up Grubthor for the unique skin (only Oozeworm shares it, and they're both rares =P).
darkynhalvos
darkynhalvos

Back to top Go down

Post  mingxiang Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 am

It seems to be a good replacement for Charge (thus freeing up a pet talent point), and since the cooldown can be talented to 10.5 seconds, if put on autocast we get 4 seconds of good melee avoidance every 10.5 seconds, which seems like a good deal to be against melee bosses who wont eat up the 3 charges within 4 seconds.

mingxiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down