Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feat: Hodir 25 MT

+6
Nordh
Ground-DH
Ihlos
Bear behind
Kairu
Durante
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Feat: Hodir 25 MT - Page 2 Empty Re: Feat: Hodir 25 MT

Post  Durante Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 pm

I can't really think of many differences if any. Depending on the group comp it might be quite a bit easier. If you have Fortitude, Kings/Sanc, and Gift of the Wild in your 10 man your pet should be very easy to heal with the appropriate gear and spec since the spike damage will be much less severe in 10 man. I'd strongly advise bringing at least one hunter besides yourself for MD's and DPS. While the rest of your DPS is waiting impatiently for threat which effectively caps their DPS, your hunter can MD for more threat for the whole raid and with feign death after the first minute or so threat will no longer be an issues for hunters and they can DPS to their heart's content.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamscaper Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm

I posted in our guild forums to find out realistic buffs we might bring. We have alot of hunters so i'm hoping for a marks and a sv hunter for 2 mds and fds.

I'm playing around with your gear, and I'm thinking i should need less sta then you for 10s. By your logic, i should only need about 40k hp, if 1 hit is typically 20k. So, my gear set up im thinking, tell me if this is retarded, is yours, but using 2 t5 for a tiny bit more threat.

Damn i lost (again for like the 8th time) my work on the spreadsheet, but i think i was sitting at about 2600 sta with 2 t7.5. You said you used furius gear...all i have are legs, so the other 3 pieces would have to be deadly (unless i get lucky with vault) so thats another reason im thinking of going with 7.5. I could pick up a piece of furious with triumphs, but that seems like a waste if i get lucky with vault and if this fails miserably then i don't see my guild letting me try even trash.

I still at crit and hit cap with this modification from your gear. Do you think this would work or should i just stick with deadly?

Also, can you link your pet spec? I'm wondering if you used frost resist talent. When i checked your armory i saw the 16 point versoin Sad

dreamscaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:57 pm

This is my typical MT raid tanking build with the last point in whatever is most relevant for that fight. Frozen Blows has an AoE component and a more powerful single target component, and I decided that 25% off the AoE was more reduction than 5% off all frost, but I was never entirely sure. Parses just have too many different variables for me to comfortably say "This is the right one", so if you want mitigation put the point in either of those, or if you're worried about threat in Spiked Collar or Cobra Reflexes.

My thought on the T5 is that at this point its probably not worth the stat loss when it comes to MTing raids. To get enough survivability you cut in to personal DPS substantially and that reduces the amount healed by the set bonus. Add to that the increased amount of damage done by bosses and healing done by healers, the amount done by T5 set bonus starts to look pretty small in comparison. With my raid set up, I was more worried about spike damage than quantity of damage, so the superior stats of high level 80 epics outweighed the healing from T5. Don't get me wrong, its great stuff for soloing and heroics, but to me it just seems too far over the hill for T8 and beyond raiding.

If you can't get furious for some pieces but have Ulduar and up raiding gear, check that stuff to see if you have some pieces that happen to be stamina heavy. Generally speaking, as long as your pet is crit immune and the PvE stuff has the same amount of stamina, it'll provide superior armor (via agility) and attack power. Saronite Mesh Legguards are an excellent example of this. When compared to Deadly Glad legs, the Saronite Mesh provide more stamina, armor, and attack power. Just make sure you have enough resil to be crit immune and you keep that frost resist high, frozen blows hurts badly even with it.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamscaper Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I was going to ask about t5 (not sure if i did a typo). But i figure the dps i'll be doing is probably going to be horrible. Granted my heroic tanking set has 2 piece just cuz my goal just simply is for as little actual healer healing as possible (25k hp on my pet with me doing about 2k dps instead of 35k hp and me doing 1k dps).

t 7.5 2 set bonus increases your pets dps by 5% i think. They are ilevel 213, i think, which is the same as deadly pieces. I'm crit cap with this setup, but obviously lose some stamina and resil, which, the main loss just being lessens damage done to my pet.

I'm not sure if that 2 piece bonus will increase threat with multiple mds. I know he's not going to do much dps on his own, but it sounds like the fight revolves more around just getting him enough threat and trying to dps down boss faster then enrage timer.

I really do think it would rock using 2 t5 though. But going to be hard justifying all the stat losses on that unfortunately.

Also you mentioned frost resist. Do you put 20 frost resist on your cloak for that or just standard 22 agi?

dreamscaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Another interesting PvE piece with high stam is the gloves of taut grip http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45679

I had a pair but I am using the 7.5 gloves for the set bonus, but they are the highest stam PvE gloves i know of.

I never had T5 so I can't really comment on it, but I would agree that it's time is probably coming to an end now, as far as I am concerned the single major issue facing pet tanks is not survivability but threat. I am am increasingly seeing normal tanks struggling somewhat to hold threat over my dps (which is only slightly above average). Granted I do pug a lot and good tanks don't seem to struggle, but it is becoming a seemingly more frequent concern.

For this reason I tend to gem for AP more than Stam as such, it seems to work quite well in my part time role as add-picker upper bringer to bosses to in the 10-mans we run. My guild loves it when I bring out the turtle since I try to make sure that there are never any loose adds about (and seeing Turtle charging all over the place never gets boring), but it is only really useful if I can compete for TPS over the healers at least.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamscaper Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:14 am

my guild is giving me a crack tomorrow and that won't be held against me (since my gear isn't perfect yet) so i'm hoping.

For the fight itself, is there anything i will need to know? any pet movement? It just really seems like a group effort of watching threat, helping with mds, and just playing smart instead of blowing up a boss.

Does the pet need to move constantly like nexus? That was actually an annoying fight to solo.

I think i have those gloves but then I'd lose resil. I could probably use a resil leg armor to make up for that. But I think its definately worth looking at. I'm thinking of using t7.5 helm/shoulders just because 7.5 gloves have haste/arp on them so thats 2 stats i dont like.

dreamscaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 am

The pet is immune to the movement debuff, so you can basically stand in one spot the whole time. You don't even have to move it for deep freeze, it's immune to getting entombed in ice and it doesn't take much, if any, damage from it.

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Post  Durante Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 am

Remember, resilience reduced chance to be crit against all targets, but only has the % damage reduction against player damage. Once you reach the cap, you gain no additional benefit whatsoever.
Durante
Durante

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamscaper Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:36 am

Durante wrote:Remember, resilience reduced chance to be crit against all targets, but only has the % damage reduction against player damage. Once you reach the cap, you gain no additional benefit whatsoever.

Oh really? Don't think I knew that. I'm still new to this stuff so still have alot to learn. I'm just happy I found this site because spending all afternoon on google getting conflicting "facts" just was getting me nowhere.

dreamscaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:10 pm

That's why we pay Durante's hefty consultation fees. Right?
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamscaper Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Doing this has actually made me enjoy the game again. Raiding is boring, no upgrades for our progression level, and just a money pit. But what i love about this is there is just so many possibilities and different gear sets. Maybe I"m just a noob, but I'm just looking at different combanations to see if i can get more stats out of my gear.

People tell me to roll a druid or a pally. But i think this is just so much more fun.

dreamscaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:43 am

I agree, I am leveling up a Warrior, Druid and DK but ultimately I would choose to tank with a pet if it is even remotely viable because it is so much fun and involving.
Doug
Doug

Back to top Go down

Feat: Hodir 25 MT - Page 2 Empty FGF

Post  angel653922 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 am

That's why we pay Durante's hefty consultation fees. Right?
angel653922
angel653922

http://www.tiffanyjewelryhot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2