Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub

4 posters

Go down

Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub Empty Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub

Post  Nordh Sat May 02, 2009 4:23 am

Who: Nordhbane of The Maelstrom (EU)
Tank: Gannjala (Turtle)

Description:

I know this is something that's already been done, but I wanted to add my story.

The Bat Boss
This boss is so boring. They need to buff Viper Sting. Even with my pets dps, she got to second phase before I had drained her mana. So for my second try I simply made sure my pet had aggro and then I stopped attacking all together with stay/passive. Then after many minutes she was down to 0% mana and I took her down quickly.

A note on this boss, if you FD just after she calls on her bats, they will despawn without even aggroing onto your pet. If you wait until they start hitting you however they may go for the pet.

The Snake Boss
This boss is really simple. Just kill off the adds and try not to take aggro. And keep Mend Pet up to remove any poisons.

The Raptor Boss
After I killed the raptor, I went and stood up on a ledge instead of bugging it out. Still not sure if it's soloable without exploits. I took quite a bit of damage during the short time that the raptor was up.

The Tiger Boss
This was a long and intense fight. After killing off the two tigers I simply starting beating on them, and trying to have viper sting on as much as possible. I never took any damage at all compared to the last time. I had about 75% after I finished the fight. Not sure why I took so little damage seeing that I took so much before.

In the end, the priest wasn't even oom when I managed to kill them all. With a well timed stun I managed to interupt the greater heal and by then the AoE from the turtle and my multishots had put them all to about 20-30%, so I simply started nuking and it was well rewarded. Second phase was a breeze pretty much tank and spank.

The Panther Boss
I was a bit lucky on this one I think, but the first 40% or so everything was behaving as normal, and it wasn't really any problems. Explosive traps and volley, plus a FD here and there.
After the 3rd time she disappeared though I never had any mark on me and the adds stopped spawning. So from there on I was simply fighting the boss alone, which was easy as cake. Even when she disappeared a 4th time nothing happened. I just stood there and waited for her to come back.

Hakkar
I made this fight a bit more exciting than necessary ^^ For one, I forgot a patrol which comes up to the Hakkar platform and stands next to him for a while. I managed to pull Hakkar over to the other side just as they came onto his platform and luckily avoided them. =)

The other thing that made it exciting was that I had forgotten to fully stock up on arrows before going to ZG, so I only had 450 arrows left when I started Hakkar. With some trap dancing to minimize arrow-losses with some melee in between I managed to finish the fight with only 13 arrows left ^^

Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub Hakkar-solo

Nordh

http://www.nightcrew.se/nordhbane

Back to top Go down

Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub Empty Re: Feat: Solo Zul'Gurub

Post  Ihlos Thu May 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Good stuff here, Im wondering how long did it take you with the turtle? How fast do you think these runs could be once you got used to them, and how much gold did the run net?
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Fri May 08, 2009 7:03 am

Well, in gold alone, over a hundred. Plus dropsx2 from each boss, which sells for everything between 2.5G to 8G a piece. In total, I'd guess somewhere around 200G.

I killed the last 3 bosses in about 30 minutes (checked screen shots from Tiger boss). And I forgot about the spider boss, but I think I started about 9.10, since the chest in gurubashi drops at 9 (trying to get 12 arena badges). So checking the final screen shot it's almost exactly 2 hours.

What should be noted is that I took some extra time on first boss (bat). I had to reset it twice because of taking her down too fast. Once by nuking to see if it was possible without her healing (but it wasn't). And then once when I let my pet auto-attack, but realized too late that my pets dps was too high and I ended up with the boss going to phase 2 before being oom. So I basically spent 30 minutes on that boss alone. Not to mention that I killed a bit of trash here and there for rep Wink

My estimation is that I could do it in about 1 hour, not counting the spider boss, which I skipped/forgot. I was mostly there for the mounts and rep anyhow =P So in other words a guesstimate of 200G for one hours work.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihlos Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Thats pretty decent return.

I did onyxia last night and netted about 60 gold and in the future i think i could pull the run off in 15-20 minutes including travel time and trash.

I'm just looking for fun ways to make some gold using my tenacity build, but it needs to outpace dailies to make it worth it. Laughing
Ihlos
Ihlos
Admin

http://bigredrhino.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Mon May 11, 2009 1:50 am

Whatever makes the game more fun is worth doing, no matter if it's not as good of a profit =)

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurasu Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 pm

I've actually begun soloing the raptor boss for fun and profit. I.E. trying to get him to drop his damned mount. He is definitely soloable without exploits, though you may need some high stamina equipment to do so properly.

First off, I have my full tanking outfit on in here, along with Panzer, my turtle. After clearing all the trash in the room (hey, free chance at a pet raptor), I make the pull as usual. Panzer tanks both the main mob and the raptor. At that point, I start Mend Pet ticking and never, *ever* let it drop off. Because the raptor is going to be staying alive through the whole thing. The damage he throws when the raptor is dead is just too intense.

DPS is normal: shoot at him, keep moving for charges. If he charge-fears, use BW to get out of it (both you and the pet). Keep Intimidation running whenever it cools down so you can pick up threat again from his threat-dumps (and there are *many*) and feign death to keep it as low as possible. If your pet's health is getting too low, Mend Pet, deliberately pull aggro, and use all the tricks in your book to 'tank' it for a few seconds of Mend ticking. It does a wonder.

Don't use mana pots here. If you run low on mana, use Viper. Use your pot slot for a healing pot if things are getting bad (or an Alchemist's pot if you've got them).

Normally, I just eat the charges when he starts staring at me, but if you're having too much trouble, feign death before he finishes his 'countdown' and stay there until he has attempted to charge you. Then jump back up. When solo, those charges will come more often than you can FD, but it'll still cut nicely into the damage.

All through this, the raptor will be chewing on your pet. The damage is actually not too terrible, though; Mend Pet handles it well enough, and armor and avoidance helps tons. Once he's dead, the raptor's an easy kill.

There is also a second way to do this, though it's an exploit (other than the raptor-glitch): if you feign death without pet aggro, and then very quickly jump back up before he's fully reset, there's a chance that he will dismount and his raptor will not reappear. I've had it happen twice now. However, I can't reliably reproduce it. Use with care.
Kurasu
Kurasu

Back to top Go down

Post  BattleCall Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am

I remmber soloing this zone that spider boss was nasty
BattleCall
BattleCall

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordh Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Kurasu, with T5 it's possible to kill the raptor and survive the onslaught. That's how I've done this solo.

Nordh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down